- Reviewed on May 5 2019
- Tour Customized by: Wonder
We were a little hesitant about booking via the internet as this was our first time to China but, after researching various companies (and reading great reviews), we opted to go with China Discovery for a 3 day (2 night) short trip from Hong Kong to Xian, specifically to see the Terracotta Warriors/Ancient City. A must-do for us was also to travel one leg of the journey via a high speed train.
Our travel consultant was Mr Wonder Wang who put together an excellent itinerary which allowed us to not only visit the Terracotta Warriors and Ancient City Wall, but also the Muslim Quarter, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Shaanzi History Museum, along with the personal services of an English speaking guide and driver. Also included was a high speed train journey from HK to Xian.
We can thoroughly recommend the train from HK to Xian. There was one change of train (at Guangzhou) which we managed successfully. We had First Class Seats throughout. Snacks and drinks were complimentary at commencement, with opportunities to purchase snacks/beverages. There were a few stops along the way. The train travelled at speeds of up to 300 km/h, the ride was smooth, and we were able to enjoy the countryside.
Accommodation was at the Grand Mercure (Renmin Square, 4.5 star). Very comfortable and the staff very helpful. The meals on tour were excellent.
“Awesome” is the only way to describe the Terracotta Warriors and the rest of the tour, there was a lot of jaw-dropping! So much fascinating Chinese history to absorb.
Wonder provided excellent, friendly, FAST service. Our email queries were answered promptly and efficiently. We had endless inquiries, and he was extremely patient throughout the time we dealt with him. Our travel planning was a long, drawn out process (due to a family member's illness) and Wonder would have to be one of the best (and most patient) travel consultants we have dealt with.
Our tour guide, Vivian, was super-friendly, knowledgeable, very helpful and (also) patient. We had an amazing driver who safely negotiated the huge volumes of traffic, and had us back to the airport in good time for our flight back to Hong Kong.
Thank you, Wonder, for such arranging such an enjoyable and memorable time in Xian. And, thanks also to Vivian and our driver who looked after us superbly from the time we arrived until we departed.
We no hesitation in recommending Wonder and China Discovery for anybody wishing to visit China and requiring a personal, organized tour.
Most Valuable Reviews Our Customers listed on TripAdvisor
- Best Tour Ever Organized by Wendy Dan.
- 69-day Private Tour to Discover a lot of China
- 2 Week Family Vacation in China
- Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Using High Speed Train
- Fantastic 2 Weeks around China
- Mt. Huangshan and Anhui Villages 3 Day Tour
- Private Family Tour of Beijing, Sichuan and Xian
- Solo Tour (Beijing/Xian/Yunnan/Yangtze/Beijing)
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
Amazing Travel Stories
Besides the origin feedback telling their satisfaction about their travel, some customers also nicely shared their travel stories in details. You can read their stories and seek for more inspiration.
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin... Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan... Yangtze Cruise...Chengdu - Beijing
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them.
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - ... - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai