- Reviewed on November 4 2019
- Tour Customized by: Leo
I decided that it was time to visit China again after the last trip to Yunnan Province. For anyone who has the experience of forming a trip from ground zero for a group with different arrival and departure dates, it is truly time consuming and difficult. I finally established the travel route, from Xian, Luoyang/Longmen Grottoes, Pingyao, Wutaishan, Yanmenguan, Hengshang Hanging Temple, Datong/Yungan Grottoes and exit via Beijing. All I relied on was Google Map (checking on location and distance), China's high speed train schedule for connection, Booking.com for hotel, skyscanner for flights and many different sites on the web for what to see. What I needed MOST was to find an expert in China to assess the viability of my holiday plan, offering new ideas and advice to shape my travel plans better. We also needed an English speaking guide, a vehicle, a driver, someone to book/issue our high speed train tickets, and other considerations relating to convenience, flexibility, safety, support, trust, cleanliness, friendliness, speed of response, visa application; and may I add, also a fair price without feeling being ripped off. Having emailed a few Chinese travel agencies, Leo Li from China Discovery reverted in a timely fashion, with clarity of good English, and a competitive quote. We soon started our engagement with emails to and fro. Needy travel companions were annoyingly making new demands and changes. Leo was so prompt and accommodating with multiple changes I made over the period of shaping and tightening my travel plans. I appreciated Leo's understanding and patience and the price revisions he kept making. The only anxiety I felt with Leo was when I had to send money over to China by Paypal to a different named person, without a formal offer and invoice. Despite Leo's explanation, I was worried but took a leap of faith this is China Discovery's work process. It turned out safe and sound, and Leo was quick to confirm the money transfer. Although I have never met Leo, my trust on him soon developed and I felt very comfortable relying on him and his expertise. When the trip started, we were provided with very reliable, friendly, experienced and most helpful and thoughtful guides. We were also impressed with the drivers who took such care on the road for our safety. We ended up having meals together most of the time. The guides recommended restaurants well. We avoided those standard tourist restaurants and went to where the locals would go. We enjoyed the food so very much, and China is not as cheap as before as my memory tells me. Well, one advice on booking hotels in China - use Ctrip.com (you get more options and better deals and can also book China's speed train of amazing network). When you are in Luoyang, make a day trip to explore the gorges around the area of Xiolangdi. When you are at Pingyao, include a day trip to Mianshang. We were there 14-28 Oct 2019, and we had mostly blue skies, autumn leaves and pleasantness around. I want to thank Leo for being such a reliable guy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and a hickup-less trip! Bravo!
Most Valuable Reviews Our Customers listed on TripAdvisor
- Best Tour Ever Organized by Wendy Dan.
- 69-day Private Tour to Discover a lot of China
- 2 Week Family Vacation in China
- Xian, Terracotta Warriors, Using High Speed Train
- Fantastic 2 Weeks around China
- Mt. Huangshan and Anhui Villages 3 Day Tour
- Private Family Tour of Beijing, Sichuan and Xian
- Solo Tour (Beijing/Xian/Yunnan/Yangtze/Beijing)
More City Reviews from Our Customers
- All Beijing Travel Reviews
- All Xian Travel Reviews
- All Shanghai Travel Reviews
- All Guilin Travel Reviews
- All Chengdu Travel Reviews
- All Zhangjiajie Travel Reviews
- All Yunnan Travel Reviews
- All Huangshan Travel Reviews
- All Yangtze River Travel Reviews
- All Tibet Travel Reviews
- All Silk Road Travel Reviews
- All Shanxi Travel Reviews
Amazing Travel Stories
Besides the origin feedback telling their satisfaction about their travel, some customers also nicely shared their travel stories in details. You can read their stories and seek for more inspiration.
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin... Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan... Yangtze Cruise...Chengdu - Beijing
Winston's Couple Tour to 9 Cities around China plus Yangtze Cruise
Winston and his wife have traveled to many world places during the past 21 years and experienced the best vacation this time to explore China's west and east, north and south parts!
- Winston (USA)
- (22 Days) 2019.05.17~2019.6.07
- Beijing - Xian - Lhasa - Chengdu - Guilin - Longsheng - Yangshuo - Chongqing - Yangtze River Cruise - Yichang - Shanghai - Suzhou - Beijing
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them.
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Yongding - Guangzhou - ... - Yangshuo - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai