Shandong Weather & Seasons
Located in the eastern China, Shandong owns a semi-tropical monsoon climate, with four distinct seasons with hot humid summers (with the average temperature of 28 °C) and cold dry winters (with the average temperature of 0 °C ). The rainfall decreases from coast in the southeast to the northwest.
The best time to visit Shandong province is from March to November! We've collected some Shandong weather information like weather forecast, temperature, seasonal activities for your reference. Please check out the detailed weather condition before your visit.
Recommended Shandong Tour Packages
Average Temperature by Month
|Month||Recommended Rate||Max Temp.||Min Temp.|
Shandong Seasons to Go
- Spring is from March to May in Shandong, and May is the best time to visit Mount Tai, when it is the perfect time to watch the sunrise from the mountain. Started from every April, the Weifang Kate Festival attracts the kite-lovers from all over the world.
During summer time, Shandong is frequently affected by marine monsoons, which brings many rains. It is always the golden season for swimming and seashore activates, especially from July to August. So it is the best time to visit Qingdao, as well as the Jiaodong Peninsula, and appreciate the beautiful scenery of the coastlines.
Starting from the second Saturday of every August, Qindao International Beer Festival is one of the most popular festivals in Shandon, which attracts thousands of visitors, both domestic and abroad every year.
- Autumn is also a good time to visit Shandong for its fine weather. In early September, there is the annual International Mt. Tai Climbing Festival in Tai’an city, where the Mount Tai is. During this festival, there are not only sports activities, but also kinds of cultural activities, which will help you get a better understanding about Mount Tai and this area.
- Winter is always dry in Shandong, with the lowest average temperature between -5 °C and -1 °C happened in January.
Recommended Shandong Tours
Top 3 Shandong tours chosen by most customers to explore Shandong in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 6 Days Best of Shandong Tour
Jinan / Mount Tai / Qufu / Qingdao
- 10 Days Shandong Panorama Tour
Qingdao / Weihai / Yantai / Weifang / Zibo / Qufu / Mount Tai / Jinan
- 10 Days Beijing Shandong Tour by Bullet Train
Beijing / Jinan / Mount Tai / Qufu / Qingdao