Guilin Family Tours & Activities
Guilin, the most beautiful city of China, offers much to explore for both adults and kids. Families can not only appreciate the featured karst landscape but also take some outdoor activities together.
Recommended Guilin Tour Packages for Family with Kids
Below is our best-selling tours with family activities and you can choose one. Or check all more Guilin tours or customize a family tour of your own here >
- 5 Days Guilin Food & Scenery Tour
- With the most amazing view under heaven, Guilin ranks the top of tourists’ travel list. Surely Yangshuo and Longsheng Counties are the must-go destinations for your Guilin travel.
- 3 Days Classic Guilin Tour
- During this 3 days brief but really classic Guilin vacation, you will never miss the landmarks of Guilin city, but surely catch enough inspiring hours to get relaxed by cruising down along the Li River to Yangshuo Town.
Here are some most recommended things to do for family visitors in Guilin.
Enjoying the Picturesque Natural Beauty
Guilin, praised as the finest scenery under heaven, is famous for its water, and the Karst landscapes. Whiling visiting Guilin, you can take a Li River cruise from Guilin to Yangshou, with amazing Karst peaks along the way. Visiting the Reed Flute Cave, hiking to the Moon Hill, climbing the Yaoshan Mountain or Xianggong Mountain and taking photos of the special Elephant Trunk Hill, both adults and kids will be amazed by the breathtaking landscape of Guilin.
Taking Outdoor Activities
Guilin is also a paradise for outdoor adventures, such as hiking, trekking and cruising. However, for family with kids, there are some safer activities to choose. Taking a countryside biking tour is a good way to get closer to the nature. And for teenagers, go kayaking on the Li River or hiking on the Longji Rice Terraces will be an enjoyable challenge. A relaxing Bamboo rafting on the Yulong River will be fun for all ages.
Hot Guilin Hiking, Bamboo Rafting & Cycling Tours:
>> 4 Days Leisure Guilin Tour with Half-day Cycling in Yangshuo
>> 4 Days Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Hiking Tour
Getting Close to the Locals
Taking a visit to West Street in Yangshuo County, you will feel a different life style in a some place that you will never experience in big city. Also during the visit to Jiuxia Village, your family will get a chance to visit a local farmer’s house, experiencing the authentic rural life of the people. If your family are keen on ethnic culture, you can go to Longji Rice Terraces, where some ethnic groups living, especially Zhuang people. It will be a fresh experience to see the ethnic women dressing in unique and colorful costumes, singing and dancing. You also can join them to enjoy the original Zhuang life and culture, and even stay with local families enjoying both the Longji tea and the Longji wine.
Best Guilin Tour with Longsheng Rice Terraces:
>> 6 Days Guilin In-depth Photography Tour
Joining in a Chinese Cooking Class
The cooking class begins at the local market where ingredients for the dishes are chosen by students. Back at a covered, rooftop patio-classroom, you have an opportunity to learn three dishes and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Yangshuo Cooking Class
Popular Tour with Yangshuo Cooking Class Experience:
>> 5 Days Best Guilin In-depth Vacation (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
Appreciating the Local Folk Shows
To kill your time at night, there are some recommended night shows for all ages, like the Outdoor Night Show of Impression Sanjie Liu and Cormorant Fishing Show in Li River. The Liu Sanjie Show is performed by more than 600 cost with the REAL background (the rock mountain and part of the Li River), from which you can see are the impressions derived from the daily life of the people living around the Li River, rather than the specific details of the stories. The special Cormorant Fishing Show will give your family a rare chance to get a close look at the fishing and how the local fishers harmoniously work with the birds.
Popular Tours with Chance to Enjoy Impression Sanjie Liu:
>> 2 Days Guilin Ideal Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Essence Tour
>> 4 Days Guilin Highlights Tour (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terrace)
Plan a Family Tour in China?
Check our most popular China Family Tours, which are specially designed for family, covering the classic highlights and kid-friendly activities. All can be customized to satisfy your family needs.
- 8 Days China Golden Triangle Family Tour
- (Beijing / Xian / Shanghai)
- from $1157
- 11 Days Best China Family Tour
- (Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Shanghai)
- from $1647
- 12 Days China Family Yangtze Cruise with Panda Tour
- (Beijing / Chengdu / Yangtze Cruise / Shanghai)
- from $1942
- 15 Days China Kungfu Panda Family Tour
- (Beijing / Luoyang / Xian / Chengdu / Guilin / Shanghai)
- from $2131
Recommended Guilin Travel Guide & Articles
- Guilin 72-Hour Visa-Free
- How to Plan a Guilin Tour
- Top Attractions in Guilin
- Featured Activities in Guilin
- Guilin Nightlife
- Top 3 Best Ways to Visit Li River
- Featured Activities in Yangshuo
- Free Time in Guilin
- Top 6 Guilin Old Towns & Villages
- Guilin Weather & Seasons
- Where to Stay in Yangshuo
- Top 10 Guilin Restaurants
- Guilin Temperature
- Where to Stay in Guilin
- Top Attractions in Guilin
- Guilin Maps
- Trains to Guilin
- Top Attractions in Yangshuo
- More Yangshuo Travel Guide
- More Guilin Travel Guide
- More Longsheng Travel Guide
Useful Articles of Guilin Top Attractions
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 3 Days Classic Guilin Tour - Guilin Brief Vacation
Guilin / Yangshuo
- 9 Days Guilin Guizhou Minority Culture and Landscape Exploration by High Speed Train
Guangzhou / Guilin / Yangshuo / Longji / Zhaoxing / Rongjiang / Kaili
- 15 Days China Tour with Tibet Discovery & Panda Visit
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: