We've got the answers to all your questions about China Tours, Yangtze River Cruise and Tibet Discovery - and some you'd never think to ask. Choose a topic below to read through a list of questions and answers. If you have a question of your own that we haven't answered here, feel free to contact us.
1. Required Documents & Restrictions after the COVID-19?
2. Who needs a Chinese visa?
3. Can I visit China without a visa?
4. Do I need a Chinese visa to transit via China solely?
5. How long would it take to get the Chinese visa?
6. Could you send an invitation letter for the Chinese Embassy both in English and Chinese so we can get the visa more easily?
7. We have already had a Chinese visa, so do we still need to have a Tibet permit?How do I get it?
8. Do we need Hong Kong visa if we enter there? Or double visa needed if we reach and depart from Hong Kong?
1. What kind of payment method do you accept?
2. How soon before our trip do you need payment?
3. When should we pay the deposit and the balance?
4. Is it a good idea to bring dollars in China for the trip or is it better to have RMB with us that we will withdraw from ATM?
5. How much cash should we take for tip, meals and others?
1. I am interested in your website’s sample itinerary. Can I add more spots and tell more specific requirements and needs?
2. Can I modify the itinerary before I start the tour?
3. How flexible is China Discovery’s tour?
4. What does a private tour mean?
5. What are the differences between Private Tour and Group Tour?
6. Can I choose private tour, group tour and independent travel during my China travel?
7. Is there are discount if we have many people in our group? And early bird booking?
8. If we have a lot free time and don’t want to stay in the hotels, what can we do?
1. Can you arrange flight and train tickets for us?
2. Can you arrange international flights from and back to our country?
3. What is the soft / hard sleeper car like? Is bumpy and loud? Can you send pic?
4. What airlines/type of plane you may choose? Which is the most reliable airplane for safety?
1. Can we get a tour guide who can speak our language?
2. What kind of vehicles do we use during our tour?
3. Can the private car have enough space to store our luggage?
4. Can I only have driver without guide as I understand Chinese?
5. How can I contact our tour guide in each destination?
6. How can I find my tour guide at the airport / railway station?
7. What time will we be picked up from our hotel each day?
8. Could you give me an idea as to what is expected in way of tips for guides, drivers, hotel staff, etc.?
1. I see some lunches are not listed in your website’s sample itinerary, can you arrange lunch for our tour?
2. I am a vegetarian. Will you provide vegetarian meals for me? How about Halal food or Moslem food?
3. Can you include some authentic local food, like Sichuan cuisine, Hunan cuisine?
4. Do our tour guides and drivers have meals with us?
5. I have some meals on our own. Can you give us some suggestions?
1. What type of accommodation will we be staying in?
2. Where are our chosen hotels located? Is it close to shopping area or scenic spots?
3. Does the hotel staff speak English?
4. Can I book the hotels by myself?
5. Do we need to bring the converter or is there one at the hotels?
1. What's the best way to get to Chongqing from Chengdu?
2. How I can pick up my cruise cabin ticket?
3. Is there any sightseeing of real interest at either Yichang or Chongqing to do before or after the cruise?
4. Can you offer pick-ups and drop-offs to and from the cruise?
5. Is it easy to get a taxi from the pier in Chongqing?
6. How should we find the guide after we disembark from the boat?
7. What time can we start boarding the ship in Chongqing or Yichang?
1. What is the best season for tour in Tibet?
2. What is the average temperature like in Lhasa?
3. What documents do I need for Tibet travel?
4. Can your company organize the permit for Tibet?
5. Can I extend my visa in Tibet?
6. How long before we come do you need our passport and visa copies?
7. Is independent tour allowed in Tibet?
8. How to enter Tibet?
9. What are some popular places in Tibet?
10. Do you arrange Nepal Tours?
11. Can we start a tour from Kathmandu and finish at Lhasa?
12. Can children be allowed to the Mt. Everest?
13. Can we take the northern route to Ali?
14. Do the travelers need to ask the permissions before taking the photos of Tibetans?
15. What should I keep in mind when I contact with the Tibetans?
16. What are the hotels like in Tibet?
17. What can we eat in Tibet?
18. Do you think we need one more day in Tibet to get used to altitude?
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Yangtze Cruise / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
We are here to help! Anything about your China tour, please do not hesitate to contact us.
[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening now! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >