Latest China Visa News Updated on March 15, 2021:
1. New visa policy to mainland China for foreigners in Macau
According to official notice on March 15, foreigners reside in Macau, permanent and non-permanent both included, can apply for all types of Chinese Visa to visit China. All applicants must provide a proof of at least 28 days’ continuous stay in Macau before submitting the application. Besides, foreigners who have been vaccinated the Chinese-made COVID-19 Vaccines, finished 2 doses or over 14 days after the first dose, and take a valid certificate of vaccination issued by Macau Health Bureau can also apply for all categories of visas to visit China.
Please note that, all qualified applicants are required to fill out an application and make reservation for specific submission date online. For more helpful details, please refer to the official website (http://www.fmcoprc.gov.mo/eng/lsfw/zytz/t1860982.htm) for further guidance and check.
2. Transit and transfer flights from Hong Kong International Airport to other Chinese cities remains unavailable at present.
3. Since November 2020, Chinese Embassy in UK, France, Russia, Belgium, Philippines, India, Ukraine and Bangladesh have announced that, non-Chinese nationals’ entry into China will be suspended if he/she comes from above countries though holding a valid Chinese Visa or Residence Permit. Visitors from other countries can refer to entry news updated on September 23, 2020.
4. From 00:00 September 28, 2020, foreign visitors holding valid Chinese residence permits in three categories (work, personal matters and family reunion) can enter China without reapplying for a China Visa. For those whose residence permit already expired after 00:00 March 28, 2020, and purpose of visiting remains the same can submit the overdue permit and related materials to apply for a new China Visa.
5. China’s temporary suspension of entry policy issued on March 26 continues to take effect. That is, Tourist Visa, the On-arrival Visa, 24/72/144-hour Transit Visa Free... will all be suspended during the coronavirus period. You can enter China if you belong to one the three situations: hold diplomatic, Service and Courtesy, C Visa; granted China Visa for scientific/technological matters, urgent humanitarian needs and new Chinese Visa issued after March 28, 2020.
China Discovery will still focus on and update the visa and entry policy of China for you!
Just as important as a valid passport and China Visa Application Form, 2 qualified photos are also the basic requirement to apply for a visa for China. Applicants can upload a recent white color passport photo while filling in the visa application form online, or paste the photo on the paper application form. If the photo does not meet requirements, the application will not be processed by the Chinese Embassy and Consulates. Applicants must submit a recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a white background attached on the visa application form. Check more details in the following guide to ensure you get a appropriate photo taken.
China Visa Photo (Sample from Chinese Embassy and Consulate General)
1. Color: a color (RGB 24bit true color) photo, any black and white photo is not accepted.
2. Background: can only use white and off-white background
3. Size: 33mm×48mm for paper photo.
4. Date: recent photo taken in last 6 months.
5. Quality: a clear-cut photo in high resolution, without any damage, stain, fold creases, and no shadows over face or in background.
6. Format: photos must be JPEG image, within size of 40 KB - 120 KB.
7. Others: the photos should present the front view of applicants, show the full facial features clearly and completely. Head should be horizontally centered with certain distance to the upper and bottom edge.
The China Visa Application Photo has specific size requirements applicants must obey. If you submit an improper photo online, you can replace with a new photo before the application is processed, otherwise, your visa application may be refused. What is the exact photo size for China Visa? A Chinese passport photo (33mm×48mm) is the one and only acceptable standard.
● Digital Photo: the electronic photo should meet requirements of horizontal pixels: 354 - 420 pixels and vertical pixels: 472 - 560 pixels.
● Paper Photo: the printed photo should be 33mm×48mm (width×height)/about 1.3×1.9 inches, head width is 15mm-22mm, height (chin to top of head) is 28mm-33mm, head to upper edge is between 3mm-5mm.
Notes: 1.) The Hong Kong Visa Application Photo should between 50mm×40mm and 55mm×45mm. 2.) The Macau Visa Application Photo is required be 1.5-inch photo. 3.) You can check more official requirements on China Visa Application Photo in https://www.visaforchina.org/SGP_EN/generalinformation/news/282849.shtml, or click here to download a detailed photo sample as instruction.
1. Selfies and photos used with filters, blurred picture, over-exposed or under-exposed photos are not accepted.
2. Eyeglasses are acceptable if only they are clearly show the eyes, not reflecting. Don’t wear sunglasses.
3. Make your face square to the camera, keep a neutral facial expression with mouth closed, no frowning or smiling.
4. Better wear clothes in dark colors, or other colors clearly distinguished from the white background. Prohibit wearing white, or close to white clothing.
5. Jewelries, accessories, headphones, and similar devices are not allowed.
6. Normal applicants can not wear hat, head covering and mask. For some religious or medical custom, applicants are allowed to wear those, but the faces (facial features) must be visible without any shadows.
1. When and Where to use the photo?
Whiling filling in the China Visa Application Form online, either through the Chinese Embassy and Consulates or the China Visa Application Service Center (https://www.visaforchina.org/), you can firstly upload a digital photo, download and print it out with the completed application form. If you failed to upload the photo, bring 2 qualified paper photos, one to paste on the form when you submit at the visa office of the embassy or service center.
2. Where to take Chinese Visa photo?
All the Chinese Embassy and Consulates offices do NOT provide photo service. For convenience of application, some China Visa Application Service Centers offer photo-taking service with charges. You can take photos in a professional studio as long as the photo meets all requirements.
3. Can I Use a 2×2 photo or passport photo for Chinese Visa?
For US passport holders, a 2×2 inches passport photo is the most common size, and most shop only offer photos in such size. However, Chinese Visa Application has strict photo size requirements. The standard US passport photo is larger than required size. It’s strongly suggested to tell the photographer the size clearly, or use the photo service in the China Visa Application Service Center for safe.
4. What is the Chinese Visa photo requirements for Indians?
The mentioned China Visa Application photo requirements apply to all applicants in the word. Indians, and citizens from US, UK, Canada, Australia and other countries should submit photos with the same standard.
Read different types of Chinese Visa to figure out which kind of visa you should apply for. Determine if you are suitable applicants for each visa type, by judging your purpose of visiting is for travel, business, work, transit, family reunion and etc or not. China Tourist Visa (L Visa) is for visitor going to China for tourism, F Visa is for exchanges, study tour, Business Visa (M Visa) is for commercial and trade, Student Visa (X Visa) is for studying in China. More Chinese Visa Types >>
According to various visa policy, applicants meet relevant requirements can submit China Visa application at Chinese Embassy, Diplomatic and Consular Missions or special ports of entry. You need to prepare and submit your valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity and blank pages, copy of passport’s first page, completed visa application form pasted with a recent photo (color photo with white background, taken within past 6 months, size: 48mmx33mm), sufficient visa fee and service charge and other supporting documents.
The processing time differs from visa types. Normally, it takes about 4 to 5 business days for applicant to get a China Visa, and the accurate collection date will be noted on the pick-up slip. If you submit China Tourist Visa (L Visa) on Monday, you can pick up on Thursday. Check carefully the visa type, duration of stay, number of entries if they are issued correctly or not, after getting your passport back. Double check the validity when you plan to enter China, otherwise you will be denied entry.
You can visit How to Get a Visa for China: China Visa Applivation to know more about the visa requirements, processes, costs and useful tips.
China Discovery is a professional and experienced travel companion who offers high-value and worry-free tours for you. To fulfill your dream tour to China, we not only design ideal itinerary covering sightseeing, dining, transfer and hotel, but also will provide you useful Invitation Letter to help you obtain Chinese Visa, even customize a China Visa-free Tour in Beijing , Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Hangzhou and more available destinations if you meet relevant visa requirements.
Popular China Visa-free Tours:
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.
[Important] Travel News for Expats: China travel is reopening now! Travel with China Discovery and learn about where to visit & requirements for each destination! Read Details >