China Mutual Visa Exemption: Countries and Duration of Stay
Notice on Latest Visa and Entry Policies for Foreigners Entering China - Updated on April 25, 2023:
1. From April 29th, all travelers to China can use Covid-19 antigen tests taken within 48 hours before boarding instead of nucleic acid tests, and airlines will no longer verify pre-boarding testing certificates.
2. In order to further facilitate the entry and exit of Chinese and foreign personnel, it has been decided to make the following adjustments to the visa and entry policies for foreigners entering China, effective from 00:00 March 15, 2023 Beijing time:
1). The entry function of visas which were issued before March 28, 2020 and still valid will be restored.
2). Overseas visa offices will resume issuing various types of visas (including Tourist Visa) for foreigners to travel to China, with specific requirements detailed in the visa application guidelines of Chinese embassies or consulates.
3). Port visa offices will resume issuing various types of port visas for lawful purposes.
4). The policies of visa-free entry for Hainan, Shanghai International cruise arrival, Guangdong for Tourist group entry of foreigners from Hong Kong, Macau, and ASEAN tourist groups entering Guilin, Guangxi will be restored.
3. Attention on China Group Visa on Arrival in Nepal: needs minimum 4 applicants, and no maximum limit. All applicants from one list must all come to the Visa Center for application.
China Discovery will keep focusing on the updates of the latest Chinese visa and entry policy! You can also call 86 010 12367 (Official telephone number of China National Immigration Administration) to check further information. Welcome to join in our Facebook Groups to catch up with the latest news!
Invitation letter is a vital document for Chinese visa application. If you travel with us, we will not only create a valuable tour for you, but also provide you an invitation letter if you request, which will help you obtain your visa successfully. Start customizing your tour in China now!
We are one of the few China travel agencies who have kept active and received lots of feedbacks and reviews during pandemic years
Visa Exemption saves much time, energy and money for international travel. Therefore, it’s a vital process to figure out if need a visa to China. (Do I Need A Visa for China?) Mutual Visa Exemption is one of the important Visa Free Policy of China, which allows citizens from both countries to travel without visa for a certain period, when meeting related requirements. Until now (March 2023), China has signed bilateral visa-free policy between 152 countries, including 18 countries for holders of ordinary passports, and concluded unilateral visa waiver with 3 countries in Asia, namely, Brunei, Japan and Singapore.
Which countries can travel to China without visa? Check the mutual visa exemption list of countries who don’t need a visa to visit China below (in time order) and see the accurate permitted duration of stay.
Country List of China Mutual Visa Exemption for Ordinary Passports Individual Holders
|No.||Foreign Country||Continent||Permitted Duration of Stay||Date Come into Effect|
|1||San Marino||Europe||90 Days||July, 1985|
|2||Mauritius||Africa||60 Days||January, 2013|
|3||Seychelles||Africa||30 Days||June, 2013|
|4||Bahamas||North America||30 Days||February, 2014|
|5||Suriname||South America||30 Days||May, 2014|
|6||Fiji||Oceania||30 Days||March, 2015|
|7||Grenada||North America||30 Days||June, 2015|
|8||Ecuador||South America||30 Days||August, 2016|
|9||Tonga||Oceania||30 Days||August, 2016|
|10||Serbia||Europe||30 Days||January, 2017|
|11||Barbados||North America||30 Days||June, 2017|
|12||United Arab Emirates||Asia||30 Days||January, 2018|
|13||Bosnia and Herzegovina||Europe||90 Days||May, 2018|
|14||Belarus||Europe||30 Days||August, 2018|
|15||Qatar||Asia||30 Days||December, 2018|
|16||Armenia||Asia||30 Days||January, 2020|
|17||Maldives||Asia||30 Days||May, 2022|
|18||Dominica||South Africa||30 Days||September, 2022|
1. The above two-way visa-free agreement is listed for holders of ordinary passport only. You can read and download the updated full List of Agreements on Mutual Visa Exemption Between China and Foreign Countries
2. Mutual Visa Exemption do NOT mean visitors can stay/reside in China for an infinite period. Foreigners must stay within the permitted duration of stay. If you intend to stay beyond the limitation, you’re required to apply for stay permit in local official authority.
Travel China Visa Free with China Discovery
China Discovery is a professional and experienced travel companion who offers high-value and worry-free tours for you. To fulfill your dream tour to China, we not only design ideal itinerary covering sightseeing, dining, transfer and hotel, but also will provide you Invitation Letter and useful guide about 72-Hour Visa-free Transit, 144-Hour Visa-free Transit to help you obtain Chinese Visa, even customize a China Visa-free Tour in Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Hangzhou and more available destinations if you meet relevant visa requirements.
Popular China Visa-free Tours:
- ● 4 Days Classic Beijing Tour with Great Wall Hiking
- ● 5 Days Beijing Essence Tour with Real Hutong Life
- ● 3 Days Shanghai Past and Present Contrast Tour
- ● 3 Days Shanghai Highlights & Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour
- ● 2 Days Xian City Break
- ● 3 Days Classic Xian Tour
- ● 2 Days Guilin Ideal Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Essence
- ● 3 Days Classic Guilin Tour - Guilin Brief Vacation
- ● 3 Days Chengdu City Break including Panda Volunteering
- ● 3 Days Chengdu Highlights Tour
- ● 1 Day Valuable Hong Kong Tour
- ● 2 Days Essence of Hong Kong Tour
If you are interested in China visa-free tour, we could also customize a China Visa-free Tour in Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Hangzhou and more available destinations if you meet relevant visa requirements.
Introduction to China Visa
- Ultimate China Visa Guide
- Do I Neee A Visa for China
- Chinese Visa Types
- How to Read China Visa
- Single, Double, Multiple Entry Visa
- China Tourist Visa
China Visa Application
- How to Apply for China Visa
- China Visa Requirements
- China Visa Application Form
- China Visa Photo Size
- Visa Invitation Letter
- How Much is A China Visa
- How Long to Get A China Visa
- Apply China Visa in HK
- Lost Passport & China Visa
China Visa Exemptions
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 2 Days Guilin Ideal Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Essence Tour
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: