How Much is a Chinese Visa - China Visa Fees 2023/2024
Notice on Latest Visa and Entry Policies for Foreigners Entering China - Updated on April 25, 2023:
1. From April 29th, all travelers to China can use Covid-19 antigen tests taken within 48 hours before boarding instead of nucleic acid tests, and airlines will no longer verify pre-boarding testing certificates.
2. In order to further facilitate the entry and exit of Chinese and foreign personnel, it has been decided to make the following adjustments to the visa and entry policies for foreigners entering China, effective from 00:00 March 15, 2023 Beijing time:
1). The entry function of visas which were issued before March 28, 2020 and still valid will be restored.
2). Overseas visa offices will resume issuing various types of visas (including Tourist Visa) for foreigners to travel to China, with specific requirements detailed in the visa application guidelines of Chinese embassies or consulates.
3). Port visa offices will resume issuing various types of port visas for lawful purposes.
4). The policies of visa-free entry for Hainan, Shanghai International cruise arrival, Guangdong for Tourist group entry of foreigners from Hong Kong, Macau, and ASEAN tourist groups entering Guilin, Guangxi will be restored.
3. Attention on China Group Visa on Arrival in Nepal: needs minimum 4 applicants, and no maximum limit. All applicants from one list must all come to the Visa Center for application.
China Discovery will keep focusing on the updates of the latest Chinese visa and entry policy! You can also call 86 010 12367 (Official telephone number of China National Immigration Administration) to check further information. Welcome to join in our Facebook Groups to catch up with the latest news!
Invitation letter is a vital document for Chinese visa application. If you travel with us, we will not only create a valuable tour for you, but also provide you an invitation letter if you request, which will help you obtain your visa successfully. Start customizing your tour in China now!
We are one of the few China travel agencies who have kept active and received lots of feedbacks and reviews during pandemic years
In general, most visitors are required to pay for China Visa Application unless you meet requirements of China Visa Free Policy. So far, there are 4 ways to submit China Visa Application, accordingly, different kinds of fees incurred. Among all the expenses, China Visa Fee is the basic cost, additional service charge and shipping fee will be collected, if your submission made to China Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) and choose postal service.
China visa fee varies from different nationalities, number of entries and duration of stay, visa types and visiting destinations in China. Check the detailed price guide below to know how much does a China Visa cost, prepare sufficient fee and make the payment correctly for your China Visa Application.
How Much A Chinese Visa Cost - China Visa Application Fee
The Chinese Visa Application Fee is charged by Chinese Embassy or Consulate General at a local currency rate, including visa processing of regular, express and rush services. Whether you apply for China Visa from visa section/office of Chinese Embassy and Consulate, at China Visa Application Center in the residing country or at port of entry upon arrival in China, each applicants have to pay certain amount of visa fees. Chinese visa fee is largely different for different nationals, application for visa types (entry visa before departure or visa on arrival), number of entries and duration of stay.
China Visa Application Fees for Different Nationalities
|Nationality||Number of Entries||Regular Application||Express Application||Rush Application|
|US Citizens||Single Entry
Multiple Entries for 6 Months
Multiple Entries for 1 Year & above
|Mutiple Entries for 6 Months||US$60||US$85||US$97|
|Mutiple Entries for 1 Year & above||US$90||US$115||US$127|
Attention: ①. Submission to Chinese Embassy or Consulate: visa fee only. ②. Submission to Service Center: visa fee + service fee. ③. Visa fees of China Tourist Visa (L Visa), Business Visa (M Visa) and common types costs the same. ④. Application service fee is charged by CVASC at local currency rate. ⑤ The visa fees are listed from official websites for reference only, fees for long time and the third countries may vary from the fees above, are subject to change and explain by the Chinese Embassy or the Consulate General. You should check from official authority for updated fees.
Regular China Visa Fees (for mainland China)
● US Passport Holders: $185 (USD) for all types of visas and single/double/multiple entry visa to China;
● Canadian Passport Holders: $100 (CAD) for all types of visas and single/double/multiple entry visa to China;
● UK Passport Holders: £85 for all visa types, £170 for 5-year Multiple Entries, £255 for 10-year Multiple Entries;
● Indian Passport Holders: Single Entry: Rs3900, Double Entry: Rs5850, Multiple Entries for 6 Months: Rs7800, Multiple Entries for 1 Year and above: Rs11700, Group Visa: Rs2400 per person;
● Third Country Passport Holders: Single Entry: US$30, Double Entry: $45, Multiple Entries for 6 Months: $60, Multiple Entries for 1 Year and above: $90.
Visa Fees for Special Visa Types
● Group Visa: $40 per visa for all citizens, and about $110 for US Citizens applying as group tourists.
● 10 Year China Visa: £255 for British, $180 for American, ARS 2400 for Argentine, NIS 100 for Israel.
So far, the 10 year long-term China Visa is only apply to nationals from US, UK, Canada, Argentina and Israel.
● China Visa on Arrival (Port Visa): 168 RMB for most citizens, about 314 RMB for UK Passport Holders.
The China Landing Visa Fee differs from nationalities and is charged by the port exit & entry office in local Chinese currency, Renminbi (RMB). US and French Passport Holders are not eligible for China Port Visa, except for certain visa-free cases. Contact us to check if you can apply for China Entry Visa upon arrival.
Extra Charges for Expedited Service
Normally, it takes about 4 business days to finish processing the visa application in Regular Service Application. If you want to get a urgent Chinese visa fast and quickly, you can pay to accelerate the processing of the visa. Additional processing service fee will be taken by the Chinese Embassy and Consulate General accordingly. Express Application Service needs extra $25 and Rush Application Service costs $37.
Processing Time & Pick-up Date
* Regular Service: 4 working days, a normal standard
* Express Service: 2~3 working days, can be collected on the 2~3rd working day
* Rush Service: 1 working day, can be collected in the same day (must submit before 12:00pm) or next day
Note: 1.) Mail Application in Australia can NOT use rush service. It usually takes about 10 working days to process the mail application. 2.) Extra processing time will be needed , if the visa officer require the applicants to submit supplementary documents, or an interview. 3.) Express or Rush Service is not valid in some countries.
Visa Fee for Hong Kong, Macau and Tibet
Hong Kong and Macau Visa Fees
An Chinese Visa is only valid for visiting mainland China, while Hong Kong and Macau SARs own separate visa regulations. Nationals from 170 countries are exempted from visa to Hong Kong, and citizens of 79 countries can travel to Macau visa free, within certain duration of stay. Other visitors are required to apply for a entry visa/permit to travel or transit in the two regions in China. (Check Hong Kong / Macua Visa Waiver policy to find out if you need a visa or not.)
Hong Kong & Macau Visa Application Requirements for Different Nationalities
|Nationality||Hong Kong Visa Required or Not||Permitted Duration of Stay||Macau Visa Required or Not||Permitted Duration of Stay|
|US Citizens||Visa Free||90 days||Visa Free||30 days|
|UK Citizens||Visa Free||180 days||Visa Free||30 days|
|Canadian Citizens||Visa Free||90 days||Visa Free||30 days|
|Australian Citizens||Visa Free||90 days||Visa Free||30 days|
|Indian Citizens||Visa Free ((Online Pre-arrival Regiatration is Required)||14 days||Visa Free||30 days|
|Pakistan Citizens||Visa Required||Based on Application||Visa Required||Based on Application|
Hong Kong & Macau SAR Visa Fees: 1.) Visitors who enjoying visa-free treatment still have to apply for a Hong Kong or Macau Visa, if you plan to visit Hong Hong for other purposes, or want to stay stay longer beyond the visa-free visiting time. 2.) Hong Kong and Macau Application Fees: $30 for Regular Service, additional $20 for Express Service, additional $30 for Rush Service and additional $20 for Communication Fee to local Immigration Department.
Processing Time depends on where you submit application. Postal application to Macau Immigration Department takes at least 3 weeks, while submission to Chinese Embassy or Consulate General takes 5 working days (for regular service), 3 working days for Express Service and 1~2 working days for rush service.
Most Recommended Hong Kong Tours:
>> 1 Day Valuable Hong Kong Tour
>> 2 Days Essence of Hong Kong Tour (HK Island+Lantau Island)
>> 2 Days Hong Kong & Macau Highlights Tour
TTB - Tibet Travel Permit
Non-Chinese Passport Holders are required to apply for a Tibet Travel Permit for travelling in Tibet. Only with the document, you can board a train or flight to Tibet. It is issued free of charge by Tibet Tourism Bureau, and takes at least 13 working days for processing. Only authorized local travel agents can apply for the TTB Permit. Travel with China Discovery, we will help you obtain Tibet Travel Permit and other needed permits (including Alien’s Travel Permit, Border Pass and Military Permit) to travel further outside Lhasa. (If you plan to visit Tibet from Nepal, you have to get a Group Visa from Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal.)
Most Recommended Tibet Tours:
>> 8 Days Classic Mount Everest Tour from Lhasa
>> 8 Days Tibet Classic Tour from Kathmandu
How to Pay China Visa Fee - Acceptable Way of Payment
1. Submission to China Visa Application Service Center: cash, debit card, credit card (must be Visa or Master Card) and company check.
Those methods of payment apply to Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and qualified passport holders. Mail application in Australia must be paid by debit card or credit card, and a Payment Authorization Form is required to be completed and posted to the service center. Money order, or check is not accepted for a postal application.
2. Submission to (Visa Office of) Chinese Embassy or Consulate General: credit card (Visa or Mastercard only), money order, cashier's check or company check. Chinese Embassy or Consulate will not accept cash, personal check or online payment, credit card other than a Visa or Master card.
Note: Please check carefully to make sure your money/check order with the exact and right amount of fees.
Other Useful Tips about China Visa Fees
1. Extra service fee will be charged, if you submit application to China Visa Application Service Center. Applicants using Express/Rush Service and postal service also have to pay additional fees.
2. China Visa Extension costs 160 RMB for most nationals, and the extension fee is different for each nationality. The fee is collected by Foreign Affairs of the local Public Security Authority.
3. You are requested to pay before submission if you apply for a Hong Kong/Macau SAR Visa. After you submit application at the visa center, you need to pay before leave. Applicants can pay upon collection if submit application at visa office of Chinese Embassy & Consulate General, or on arrival/landing.
4. Your payment doesn’t guarantee your visa application will be approved. The Visa application fee is not refundable if denied.
How to Get a Visa for China - Chinese Visa Application Guide
❶ Find out what kind of visa you need
Read different types of Chinese Visa to figure out which kind of visa you should apply for. Determine if you are suitable applicants for each visa type, by judging your purpose of visiting is for travel, business, work, transit, family reunion and etc or not. China Tourist Visa (L Visa) is for visitor going to China for tourism, F Visa is for exchanges, study tour, Business Visa (M Visa) is for commercial and trade, Student Visa (X Visa) is for studying in China. More Chinese Visa Types >>
❷ Apply for a Chinese Visa
According to various visa policy, applicants meet relevant requirements can submit China Visa application at Chinese Embassy, Diplomatic and Consular Missions or special ports of entry. You need to prepare and submit your valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity and blank pages, copy of passport’s first page, completed visa application form pasted with 2 recent photos (color photo with white background, taken within past 6 months, size: 48mmx33mm), sufficient visa fee and service charge and other supporting documents.
❸ Collect & check your China visa
The processing time differs from visa types. Normally, it takes about 4 to 5 business days for applicant to get a China Visa, and the accurate collection date will be noted on the pick-up slip. If you submit China Tourist Visa (L Visa) on Monday, you can pick up on Thursday. Check carefully the visa type, duration of stay, number of entries if they are issued correctly or not, after getting your passport back. Double check the validity when you plan to enter China, otherwise you will be denied entry.
Travel China Visa Free with China Discovery
China Discovery is a professional and experienced travel companion who offers high-value and worry-free tours for you. To fulfill your dream tour to China, we not only design ideal itinerary covering sightseeing, dining, transfer and hotel, but also will provide you useful Invitation Letter to help you obtain Chinese Visa, even customize a China Visa-free Tour in Beijing , Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Hangzhou and more available destinations if you meet relevant visa requirements.
Popular China Visa-free Tours:
- ● 4 Days Classic Beijing Tour with Great Wall Hiking
- ● 5 Days Beijing Essence Tour with Real Hutong Life
- ● 3 Days Shanghai Past and Present Contrast Tour
- ● 3 Days Shanghai Highlights & Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour
- ● 2 Days Xian City Break
- ● 3 Days Classic Xian Tour
- ● 2 Days Guilin Ideal Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Essence
- ● 3 Days Classic Guilin Tour - Guilin Brief Vacation
- ● 3 Days Chengdu City Break including Panda Volunteering
- ● 3 Days Chengdu Highlights Tour
- ● 1 Day Valuable Hong Kong Tour
- ● 2 Days Essence of Hong Kong Tour
Top China Visa-Free Cities
Introduction to China Visa
- Ultimate China Visa Guide
- Do I Neee A Visa for China
- Chinese Visa Types
- How to Read China Visa
- Single, Double, Multiple Entry Visa
- China Tourist Visa
China Visa Application
- How to Apply for China Visa
- China Visa Requirements
- China Visa Application Form
- Visa Invitation Letter
- China Visa Application Online
- China Visa Expedited Service
- Apply China Visa in HK
- China Visa Renewal & Extension
- Lost Passport & China Visa
China Visa Exemptions
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 4 Days Guilin Highlights Tour (Li River, Yangshuo & Longji Terraces)
Guilin / Yangshuo / Longsheng
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Questions & Discussions
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.
No new visa news has yet been released. We will pay close attention to that as always and update promptly. We highly appreciate your desire for travel and love of China. One of our professional travel consultant will contact you soon, and offer you further travel itinerary planning and Chinese Visa assistance.
May all go well with you in this special time.
I can apply now, in November, but wont be entering China before March 2020.
Thanks for your inquiry.
Firstly, about the application time, since the regular application takes about 4 working days, or at least 10 working days for a postal application. Visas have a fixed validity. Thus, it’s suggested to apply one month before your planed travel date.
Second, application should be submitted at the Visa Centre in the country where you lawfully reside. So you can apply the tourist visa in Australia if you legally remain, stay, work, study in Australia. Related proof is required.
Hope this helps! Any questions is welcome!
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: