Latest China Visa News
Notice on Latest Visa and Entry Policies for Foreigners Entering China - Updated on November 20, 2023:
1. China will gradually phase out the appointment system for visa applications. As of now, nearly 100 Chinese embassies and consulates abroad have implemented the "walk-in" system, and it is expected that all Chinese embassies and consulates abroad will have implemented the "walk-in" system by the end of this year.
2. Starting from 00:00 on November 1, 2023, individuals entering or exiting the country are exempt from filling out the "People's Republic of China Health Declaration Card for Entry/Exit."
3. Norway has become the 54th country whose passport holders can transit without visa up to 72/144 hours in China.
4. The 15-day visa-free entry policy for Singaporean citizens has been resumed.
5. Starting from August 30, 2023, individuals traveling to China will no longer be required to undergo pre-entry COVID-19 nucleic acid or antigen testing.
6. Make the following adjustments to the visa and entry policies for foreigners entering China, effective from 00:00 March 15, 2023 Beijing time:
1). The entry function of visas which were issued before March 28, 2020 and still valid will be restored.
2). Overseas visa offices will resume issuing various types of visas (including Tourist Visa) for foreigners to travel to China, with specific requirements detailed in the visa application guidelines of Chinese embassies or consulates.
3). Port visa offices will resume issuing various types of port visas for lawful purposes.
4). The policies of visa-free entry for Hainan, Shanghai International cruise arrival, Guangdong for Tourist group entry of foreigners from Hong Kong, Macau, and ASEAN tourist groups entering Guilin, Guangxi will be restored.
7. Attention on China Group Visa on Arrival in Nepal: needs minimum 4 applicants, and no maximum limit. All applicants from one list must all come to the Visa Center for application.
8. U.S. citizens holding multi-year multiple-entry visas issued before March 28, 2020, whose visas temporarily lost entry functionality between March 28, 2020, and March 14, 2023, due to the pandemic, are eligible to apply for compensation. Those who choose to apply for compensation will receive a free 3-year multiple-entry visa. Those who choose to waive the compensation can apply for a new 10-year multiple-entry visa at the regular fee.
China Discovery will keep focusing on the updates of the latest Chinese visa and entry policy! You can also call +86 010 12367 (Official telephone number of China National Immigration Administration) to check further information. Welcome to join in our Facebook Groups to catch up with the latest news!
Invitation letter is a vital document for Chinese visa application. If you travel with us, we will not only create a valuable tour for you, but also provide you an invitation letter if you request, which will help you obtain your visa successfully. Start customizing your tour in China now!
We are one of the few China travel agencies who have kept active and received lots of feedbacks and reviews during pandemic years
Here we update the newest China visa information to keep you better know China visa policy and help you plan an excellent trip to China!
15 Days Visa Exemption Policy for Six Countries Including France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and Malaysia.
Update Date:November 24, 2023
To facilitate high-quality development and promote a high level of openness for the convenience of the exchange of people between China and other countries, China has decided to pilot an expansion of unilateral visa exemptions. This policy applies to individuals holding ordinary passports from six countries: France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and Malaysia. From December 1, 2023, to November 30, 2024, nationals from these aforementioned countries, holding ordinary passports, visiting China for purposes such as business, tourism, family visits, or transit for a duration not exceeding 15 days, will be exempt from the visa requirement for entry. This initiative aims to enhance the efficiency and quality of interactions between China and foreign nationals, fostering a conducive environment for development and international cooperation.
A series of measures has been taken to facilitate visa application and entry for foreigners to China
Update Date:November 20, 2023
The Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Consular Affairs Bureau announced that it has taken a series of measures to facilitate visa application and entry for foreigners to China. These measures include:
1) Restoring the implementation of unilateral visa-free policies for certain countries and regions.
2) Simplifying visa application procedures for foreigners, such as reducing the number of required documents and eliminating the need for fingerprints for certain applicants.
3) Updating the visa application form for foreigners to China, reducing the number of items to be filled out by 34%.
4) Gradually phasing out the appointment system for visa applications. As of now, nearly 100 Chinese embassies and consulates abroad have implemented the "walk-in" system, and it is expected that all Chinese embassies and consulates abroad will have implemented the "walk-in" system by the end of this year.
5) Maintaining smooth application channels and improving visa service quality. In most cases, visa applicants can submit their applications at any visa application center.
These measures are expected to make it easier and more convenient for foreigners to travel to China.
Filling out the "People's Republic of China Health Declaration Card for Entry/Exit Is Not Required
Update Date: October 31, 2023
The General Administration of Customs has decided that, starting from 00:00 on November 1, 2023, individuals entering or exiting China are exempt from filling out the "People's Republic of China Health Declaration Card for Entry/Exit." However, individuals who exhibit symptoms of infectious diseases such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, unexplained subcutaneous bleeding, or have been diagnosed with a contagious disease must proactively declare their health status to the customs and cooperate with the customs in conducting health quarantine work, including temperature checks, epidemiological investigations, medical examinations, and sample testing. Failure to truthfully declare or evasion of quarantine responsibilities will result in corresponding legal consequences. Those who cause the spread of quarantine diseases or pose a serious risk of transmission will be subject to criminal liability.
10-year Chinese Visa & Multi-year Multi-entry Chinese Visas
Update Date: June 25, 2023
According to the official announcement from the Embassy of China in the United States, starting from March 15, 2023, the Chinese government has made further adjustments to visa and entry policies for foreigners traveling to China. Visas issued before March 28, 2020, and still valid have been reinstated. Recently, applicants have inquired about compensation from the Chinese Embassy in the United States for the period of approximately three years (from March 28, 2020, to March 14, 2023) during which the 10-year multiple-entry visas could not be used due to the impact of the pandemic. The embassy has provided the following clarification on this matter:
1. U.S. citizens holding multi-year multiple-entry visas issued before March 28, 2020, under bilateral reciprocal agreements, whose visas temporarily lost entry functionality between March 28, 2020 and March 14, 2023, due to the pandemic, are eligible to apply for compensation. However, those who have already received new multi-year multiple-entry visas or domestic residence permits after March 28, 2020, are no longer eligible for compensation for their original multi-year multiple-entry visas.
2. Applicants may voluntarily choose whether or not to apply for compensation after the expiration of their visas. Those who choose to apply for compensation will receive a free 3-year multiple-entry visa. Those who choose to waive the compensation can apply for a new 10-year multiple-entry visa at the regular fee.
3. The application process and document requirements for compensation visas are the same as for regular visa applications.
4. Chinese Embassy and consulates in the United States will no longer accept applications for similar visas with a validity period of more than six months for 10-year multiple-entry visas. Applicants can choose whether or not to apply for compensation after the expiration of their visas.
New China Visa Online Processing system is now available
Update Date: June 25, 2023
Starting from June 15th, several embassies and consulates, including the Embassy of China in Iceland, have stopped using the "China Visa Online Application System" and "China Visa Online Appointment System." Instead, they have switched to the China Visa Online Processing system, accessible at the following website:
Updated China Entry Rules for holders of valid APEC Business Travel Cards and foreign students
Update Date: August 24, 2022
From 00:00 August 24, 2022, holders of valid APEC Business Travel Cards and foreign students holding valid Chinese residence permits for study are allowed to enter China with no need of applying for new visas. Besides, China will also resume accepting Study X1-Visa applications from foreigners applying to study in China for more than 180 days.
Family members (spouse, parents, children under the age of 18, parents-in-law) of foreign students holding valid study (X1) visas or study residence permits, can apply for a private affair (S1 or S2) visa for family reunion.
5. Three Important New Policies about China Visa Free Transit
Update Date: December 1, 2019.
According to official news, three big changes about China's 144 Hour Transit Visa Free Policy has come into effect to offer more convenience for foreign tourists from December 1, 2019.
① Xian and Chongqing will extend the present 72 hours to 144-Hour Visa-free Transit.
② Using the 144-Hour Transit Visa Free Policy to transit in Chengdu, visitors can travel to more destinations in Sichuan Province besides Chengdu, including Leshan (Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emei), Yibin (Shunan Bamboo Sea), Deyang, Suining, Meishan, Ya'an, Ziyang, Neijiang, Zigong, Luzhou, total 11 cities within Sichuan.
③ Ningbo (Zhejiang Province) has begun the 144-Hour Visa-free Transit for air travelers, and allow regional tour in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing and all cities in Jiangsu and Zhejiang Provinces, Yangtze River Delta.
6. Change of Version of China Visa
Update Date: June 1, 2019
National Immigration Administration of China announced that a new version of China Visa, China Group Visa and China Residence Permit will start to be used for promoting inspection efficiency and enhancing anti-counterfeiting performance, since June 1st, 2019. The biggest new change is that, a color photo of the applicant is added on the left side of visa page (except the Group Visa).
Meanwhile, immigration authorities will stop to issue the current version of China Visa, China Special Economic Zone Tourist Visa, China Group Visa and Foreigners’ Residence Permit of China.
Please notice that previous version of China Visa can be used as long as it has not expire, and the requirements, application procedures and visa fees remain the same as before.
Chinese Noncommercial Visit (F) Visa (New Version)
Old Version of China F Visa
Travel with China Discovery
China Discovery is a professional and experienced travel companion who offers high-value and worry-free tours. We not only design ideal itinerary covering sightseeing, dining, transfer and hotel, but also can provide any visa-related support & help you need to travel to China. To fulfill your dream tour to Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Chengdu and more destinations in China, we will try our best to provide you each travel related service, visa matters included.
You may choose from our most popular China tours, or just contact us, tell your interests and travel plans, we could customize a perfect China tour as you like.
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Guilin / Yangshuo
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: