Latest China Visa News Updated on January 30, 2023:
1. From January 8, 2023, persons coming to China should undergo a nucleic acid test 48 hours before departure. Those with a negative result can come to China without applying for a health code from our embassy or consulate abroad. Travelers will no longer need to quarantine upon arrival.
2. The issuance of port visas is available now, so his the 24/72/144-hour transit visa-free policy.
3. Currently available visa applications include work visa, business visa, student visa, family reunion visa, stay permit, etc.
4. The issuance of Tourist visa is still on hold.
5. 10-year visas issued before the pandemic remain suspended, but new applications are allowed.
China Discovery will still focus on and update the visa and entry policy of China for you!
Can I Apply for a Chinese Visa Online?
The ways to apply for a Chinese Visa differ from countries and visa types. Currently, no one can apply for and get a Chinese Visa just through the Internet. However, if you are in the 2 following cases, you can complete the application form online in advance, and book an appointment online for offline submission. That would save you much time, avoid long queues.
1.) If you plan to apply for Chinese Visa in US, Afghanistan, Armenia, Bahrain, Lebanon, Pakistan, Bulgaria, Norway, Guyana and etc, you must make the submission directly to the Chinese Embassy and Consulates by using the COVA (China Visa Online Application) and AVAS (Appointment for Visa Application Submission) systems. Click https://cova.cs.mfa.gov.cn to see if you can complete visa application form online to the embassy.
2.) If you reside in and plan to apply in the 40 countries/regions (including Canada, Australia, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, France...), you are required to submit China Visa Application to the CVASC (China Visa Application Service Center). Visit http://www.visaforchina.org/ to check whether you should submit via the visa service center.
Other applicants must download the newest application form (v 2013) from official website, fill in the electronic form (in PDF/Word format) and print it out, submit with all required documents to the consular office of the Chinese Embassy and Consulates.
Once confirmed you are eligible for visa submission at COVA, you must complete the China Visa Application Form and pre-book an appointment online, and submit all required application documents to the visa offices of the Chinese Embassies and Consulates. Below are detailed processes:
Homepage of the China Visa Online Application System (COVA)
① Log in the official website of COVA (https://cova.cs.mfa.gov.cn), choose the country and city you will submit application.
② Create an new China Visa Application Form online, fill in the electronic form step by step, provide all personal information completely and truthfully. Note down the application ID number for retrieving the saved form & booking a appointment. After careful check, save and submit the application form. The form cannot be changed once it is submitted.
③ Print the completed form out, sign and date it.
④ Visit https://avas.cs.mfa.gov.cn to make an appointment for submission to the embassy. Print the confirmation page. (Use your Application ID to book the China Visa Online Appointment)
⑤ Arrive at the the embassy visa office at least 20 minutes in advance. Submit the paper form, confirmation page with other required documents when it’s your turn.
⑥ Pick up your passport and visa (if granted), once you are noticed by the visa officer. Pay the China Visa Fees to the embassy upon collection.
* Only some countries offer online appointment booking service. If it is not provided, applicants (such as applicants in US) can bring all materials to submit directly at the embassy, anytime just during office hours.
* You can submit and pick up the documents in person, or entrust another person, agent on your behalf.
Most Recommended China Tour Packages:
In order to better serve applicants, Chinese Embassies and Consulates in Canada, Australia, UK, France, Malaysia, and other 35 states authorize the local China Visa Application Service Centers to accept visa application submission. Thus, you have to apply for Chinese Visa via the service center, go through all the processes as the center required. Follow the instruction below for your application:
Major Section on the Official Website of China Visa Application Service Center
⑴ Visit website of CVASC (http://www.visaforchina.org/) to locate the country/city you live in. Get information about the visa center, including office hours, location, and contact numbers and emails.
⑵ View “Step by Step Guidance” & “Visa Knowledge” to know the required documents, frequently asked questions and tips, and general procedures.
⑶ Go to “Quick Access” to start a new China Visa Application Form, finish all information needed. Declare in the last section, and submit the application form online. Please also write down the form number once produced, for you can use it to change, cancel or reschedule your appointment.
⑷ Back to “Quick Access” to make an China Visa Online Appointment. The center will be closed during weekends and public holidays.
⑸ Print the visa application form, the confirmation page of the appointment.
⑹ Visit the service center at least 10 minutes before the booking time, submit all the prepared documents (including the passport, printed form, confirmation page of appointment and else supporting documents). You can choose express or rush service, mail-back service if it is offered. Pay the visa fees and service charges then. How Much is a Chinese Visa?
⑺ Track the visa processing status online. Once noticed it is processed and ready for collection, you can pick up your passport & other documents in person, or by third party.
* You will pay additional service fees to the visa center, while visa fees is charged by the embassy. So the totally cost is higher than direct submission to the embassies.
* The shipping time (for postal service) is not included in the visa processing time. Urgent application (if available) must be submitted before 11:30 am on that day.
* Some centers will only accept application with appointed, and they do NOT accept walk-in submission.
Top Popuar China Tours:
1. A printed completed China Visa Application Form is always obligatory for all foreign applicants, whether you fill in the form through online systems of Chinese Embassy or China Visa Application Service Center. A qualified photo is also an crucial requirement.
2. You should submit application to the embassy or service center charging the area where you reside in, probably not the nearest one. If your home is too far away from the embassy/visa center, you can entrust your friend, an agent to submit your application.
3. Applicants in Australia can apply for China Visa by post. The application materials should be delivered to the CVASC in the area of your residence.
4. It’s strongly suggested to book an appointment in advance if you can. Because it is much more convenient and time-saving.
China Discovery is an professional and experienced travel companion who offers high-value and worry-free tours for you. We not only design ideal itinerary covering sightseeing, dining, transfer and hotel, but also can provide Invitation Letter to help you obtain Chinese Visa. If it’s your first time travel to China, Beijing, Shanghai, Xian and Guilin are the top recommended destinations with best representative tourism attractions of. The great cultural, historical, natural landscape will fulfill your dream tour to China. For those who want an in-depth discovery in China, featured China Panda Tour, Ancient Silk Road Tour, High Speed Train Tour, Colorful Ethnic Tour are good ways to find more interesting places and authentic locals.
Most Recommended China Tours:
If you are interested in China visa-free tour, we could also customize a China Visa-free Tour in Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Hangzhou and more available destinations if you meet relevant visa requirements.
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.