Latest China Visa News Updated on March 15, 2021:
1. New visa policy to mainland China for foreigners in Macau
According to official notice on March 15, foreigners reside in Macau, permanent and non-permanent both included, can apply for all types of Chinese Visa to visit China. All applicants must provide a proof of at least 28 days’ continuous stay in Macau before submitting the application. Besides, foreigners who have been vaccinated the Chinese-made COVID-19 Vaccines, finished 2 doses or over 14 days after the first dose, and take a valid certificate of vaccination issued by Macau Health Bureau can also apply for all categories of visas to visit China.
Please note that, all qualified applicants are required to fill out an application and make reservation for specific submission date online. For more helpful details, please refer to the official website (http://www.fmcoprc.gov.mo/eng/lsfw/zytz/t1860982.htm) for further guidance and check.
2. Transit and transfer flights from Hong Kong International Airport to other Chinese cities remains unavailable at present.
3. Since November 2020, Chinese Embassy in UK, France, Russia, Belgium, Philippines, India, Ukraine and Bangladesh have announced that, non-Chinese nationals’ entry into China will be suspended if he/she comes from above countries though holding a valid Chinese Visa or Residence Permit. Visitors from other countries can refer to entry news updated on September 23, 2020.
4. From 00:00 September 28, 2020, foreign visitors holding valid Chinese residence permits in three categories (work, personal matters and family reunion) can enter China without reapplying for a China Visa. For those whose residence permit already expired after 00:00 March 28, 2020, and purpose of visiting remains the same can submit the overdue permit and related materials to apply for a new China Visa.
5. China’s temporary suspension of entry policy issued on March 26 continues to take effect. That is, Tourist Visa, the On-arrival Visa, 24/72/144-hour Transit Visa Free... will all be suspended during the coronavirus period. You can enter China if you belong to one the three situations: hold diplomatic, Service and Courtesy, C Visa; granted China Visa for scientific/technological matters, urgent humanitarian needs and new Chinese Visa issued after March 28, 2020.
China Discovery will still focus on and update the visa and entry policy of China for you!
A China Visa Application Form is an essential requirement for your China Visa Application together with your valid original passport and other necessary supporting documents. All applicants are required to complete the latest China Visa Application Form online (Form V. 2013), whether you submit application direct to Chinese Embassy or Consulate General, or though China Visa Application Service Center (CVASC) or by postal (applies to Australians). To ensure the application proceeds normally, there are specific requirements for the form applicants should follow.
Meanwhile, visitors from certain countries and qualified for China Visa Waiver Policy can enter and visit China without visa application, but still need to go through custom clearance procedures according to relevant regulations.
China Visa Application Form (Form V. 2013) is the newest version, which is accepted by Chinese Embassy and Consulate General only. Each applicant have to complete the online Visa Application Form of China correctly and truthfully. If the Chinese Embassy and Consulates host online application submission & appointment booking system, or you submit all documents through China Visa Application Service Center, an appointment is required before submission in some countries, and some can walk in during work hours without booking any appointment. (Please note that a completed application form Does Not guarantee you will be granted a Chinese Visa.)
First Page of China Visa Application Form
Note:The above is only one page of the form. If you are in need, you can download the full Visa Application Form (PDF file) here and open it by installing the Adobe Reader.
For individual applicants, there are two ways to download the latest China Visa Application Form: from the official website of the Chinese Embassy and Consulates (in PDF/DOC), and from the recognized site of China Visa Application Service Center after you complete the form online. Hand written application form and old versions are NOT accepted.
Applicants must offer all information required in the application form. The content of the application form concerns Personal Information (the name, date & place of birth, nationality, gender, marital status, passport details), and other information about the application, your work, education, family, current travel & previous travel, email and communication address and other background information. The last section is to review the above information and make a declaration.
According to the country where you reside in, citizens can apply for China Visa at visa section of Chinese Embassies and Consulates, or through China Visa Application Service Center.
If you submit through CVASC, online E-application Form submission and online appointment are required. Below are 5 major steps helps you easily and efficiently to finish the visa form:
1. Log on to the http://www.visaforchina.org, choose a service center located in your residence country and region, click the “Step by Step Guidance” to know documents you should prepare, and go to “Quick Access” to create a new application form.
2. Fill in the all sections of the form clearly, completely and truly, and upload a qualified photo, save and submit the form, keep your application number. If the form is completed by another person/agent on behalf of applicant, there is extra part to fill in. Bring 2 right photos to service center if you upload unsuccessfully.
3. Download and Print out the completed form, sign on the 1st and 8th page and write down the date.
4. Enter “Quick Access - Appointment”, use saved application number to book an appointment online, and download the confirmation email after receiving it. (Walk in submission is not accepted unless you meet requirements of recognized exceptions.)
5. Bring the downloaded China Visa Application Form, confirmation letter and all required documents to visit the service center at appointed time.
If you apply for China Visa at visa office of Chinese Embassy and Consulate General directly, you also need to complete the online application form on the official website of the authority, and print out the application form, confirmation page, and related personal forms. And submit your passport, signed forms mentioned above, and other supporting documents straightforward to the Chinese Embassy and Consulate. Embassies or Consulates in some countries allow walk-in submission while other requires pre-book appointment.
There are some basic rules each applicant should know before filling in the form:
(1) each independent applicant are required to fill in a China Visa Application Form, including a child. If the children are under 18, the parents or lawful guardian must declare and sign on the form with related proof documents.
(2) the form should be filled in completely, clearly and truthfully, carefully reviewed and checked before submission and printed out. Once is submitted, it can not be modified. Any false, misleading or incomplete information may result in denial of the visa or refusal of entry into China.
(3) fill the form without any blank, if some items do not apply to you, type N/A or None in the corresponding spaces.
(4) try to avoid the abbreviation unless it is recognized, like IBM.
(5) with a total page of 4, you may print the form double-sided after completed all the information.
☞ What to do if I forget to print out my online application form?
Once you start a visa application form online, there will create a Application ID. Remember to write down or print the numbers, so you can retrieve you completed application form, download and print it and make an appointment online.
☞ Where to download Hong Kong & Macau Visa Application Form?
If you are not exempted from Hong Kong/Macau Visa, you can apply for visa/entry permit to Hong Kong/Macau directly from the Chinese Embassy in person, or from the local HK/Macau Immigration Department by post. You can fill in the form, download and print it for submission. (Check Hong Kong Visa, Macau Visa to find out if you need to apply for a visa for Hong Kong or Macau SARs).
For Hong Kong: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/forms/hk-visas/visit-transit.html;
For Macau: http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/EDoN.html#EDoN_VII
☞ What should know about the online appointment?
To ensure your submission goes smoothly at CVASC, each applicant should book an appointment, make it early in peak business season. You can cancel, reschedule the appointment online if you can’t attend.
Read different types of Chinese Visa to figure out which kind of visa you should apply for. Determine if you are suitable applicants for each visa type, by judging your purpose of visiting is for travel, business, work, transit, family reunion and etc or not. China Tourist Visa (L Visa) is for visitor going to China for tourism, F Visa is for exchanges, study tour, Business Visa (M Visa) is for commercial and trade, Student Visa (X Visa) is for studying in China. More Chinese Visa Types >>
According to various visa policy, applicants meet relevant requirements can submit China Visa application at Chinese Embassy, Diplomatic and Consular Missions or special ports of entry. You need to prepare and submit your valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity and blank pages, copy of passport’s first page, completed visa application form pasted with 2 recent photos (color photo with white background, taken within past 6 months, size: 48mmx33mm), sufficient visa fee and service charge and other supporting documents.
The processing time differs from visa types. Normally, it takes about 4 to 5 business days for applicant to get a China Visa, and the accurate collection date will be noted on the pick-up slip. If you submit China Tourist Visa (L Visa) on Monday, you can pick up on Thursday. Check carefully the visa type, duration of stay, number of entries if they are issued correctly or not, after getting your passport back. Double check the validity when you plan to enter China, otherwise you will be denied entry.
China Discovery is a professional and experienced travel companion who offers high-value and worry-free tours for you. To fulfill your dream tour to China, we not only design ideal itinerary covering sightseeing, dining, transfer and hotel, but also will provide you useful Invitation Letter to help you obtain Chinese Visa, even customize a China Visa-free Tour in Beijing , Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Hangzhou and more available destinations if you meet relevant visa requirements.
Popular China Visa-free Tours:
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Guilin / Yangshuo / Longsheng
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.