Updated and Downloadable Visa Application Forms of China 2023/2024
Notice on Latest Visa and Entry Policies for Foreigners Entering China - Updated on November 20, 2023:
1. China will gradually phase out the appointment system for visa applications. As of now, nearly 100 Chinese embassies and consulates abroad have implemented the "walk-in" system, and it is expected that all Chinese embassies and consulates abroad will have implemented the "walk-in" system by the end of this year.
2. Starting from 00:00 on November 1, 2023, individuals entering or exiting the country are exempt from filling out the "People's Republic of China Health Declaration Card for Entry/Exit."
3. Norway has become the 54th country whose passport holders can transit without visa up to 72/144 hours in China.
4. The 15-day visa-free entry policy for Singaporean citizens has been resumed.
5. Starting from August 30, 2023, individuals traveling to China will no longer be required to undergo pre-entry COVID-19 nucleic acid or antigen testing.
6. Make the following adjustments to the visa and entry policies for foreigners entering China, effective from 00:00 March 15, 2023 Beijing time:
1). The entry function of visas which were issued before March 28, 2020 and still valid will be restored.
2). Overseas visa offices will resume issuing various types of visas (including Tourist Visa) for foreigners to travel to China, with specific requirements detailed in the visa application guidelines of Chinese embassies or consulates.
3). Port visa offices will resume issuing various types of port visas for lawful purposes.
4). The policies of visa-free entry for Hainan, Shanghai International cruise arrival, Guangdong for Tourist group entry of foreigners from Hong Kong, Macau, and ASEAN tourist groups entering Guilin, Guangxi will be restored.
7. Attention on China Group Visa on Arrival in Nepal: needs minimum 4 applicants, and no maximum limit. All applicants from one list must all come to the Visa Center for application.
8. U.S. citizens holding multi-year multiple-entry visas issued before March 28, 2020, whose visas temporarily lost entry functionality between March 28, 2020, and March 14, 2023, due to the pandemic, are eligible to apply for compensation. Those who choose to apply for compensation will receive a free 3-year multiple-entry visa. Those who choose to waive the compensation can apply for a new 10-year multiple-entry visa at the regular fee.
China Discovery will keep focusing on the updates of the latest Chinese visa and entry policy! You can also call +86 010 12367 (Official telephone number of China National Immigration Administration) to check further information. Welcome to join in our Facebook Groups to catch up with the latest news!
Invitation letter is a vital document for Chinese visa application. If you travel with us, we will not only create a valuable tour for you, but also provide you an invitation letter if you request, which will help you obtain your visa successfully. Start customizing your tour in China now!
We are one of the few China travel agencies who have kept active and received lots of feedbacks and reviews during pandemic years
A China Visa Application Form is an essential requirement for your China Visa Application together with your valid original passport and other necessary supporting documents. All applicants are required to complete the latest China Visa Application Form online, whether you submit application direct to Chinese Embassy or Consulate General, or though China Visa Application Service Center (CVASC). To ensure the application proceeds normally, there are specific requirements for the form applicants should follow.
Meanwhile, visitors from certain countries and qualified for China Visa Waiver Policy can enter and visit China without visa application, but still need to go through custom clearance procedures according to relevant regulations.
China Visa Application Form
China Visa Application Form is the newest version, which is accepted by Chinese Embassy and Consulate General only. Each applicant have to complete the online Visa Application Form of China correctly and truthfully. If the Chinese Embassy and Consulates host online application submission & appointment booking system, or you submit all documents through China Visa Application Service Center, an appointment is required before submission in some countries. (Please note that a completed application form Does Not guarantee you will be granted a Chinese Visa.)
First Page of China Visa Application Form
Note:The above is only one page of the form.
Where to Download China Application Form?
For individual applicants, there are two ways to download the latest China Visa Application Form: from the official website of the Chinese Embassy and Consulates (in PDF/DOC), and from the recognized site of China Visa Application Service Center after you complete the form online. Hand written application form and old versions are NOT accepted.
Recommended China Tours for You - Tailor-made, Valuable and Refoundable
12 Days Wonders of China Tour (Flights + Comfortable Hotels)Destinations: Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Zhangjiajie / Shanghai
Highlights: Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall of China, Terracotta Warriors, Muslim Quarter (snack street), Li River, Yangshuo, Zhangjiajie National Park, Zhangjiajie Glasses Bridge, Shanghai the Bund
17 Days China Yangtze Tour with Tibet & Giant Panda VisitDestinations: Shanghai / Yangtze Cruise / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing
Highlights: The Bund, Giant Panda, Yangtze River Cruise, Three Gorges Dam, Potala Palace, Jokkang Temple, Terracotta Warriors, Ancient City Wall, Great Wall, Forbidden City
What information is needed for China Visa Application Form?
Applicants must offer all information required in the application form. The content of the application form concerns Personal Information (the name, date & place of birth, nationality, gender, marital status, passport details), and other information about the application, your work, education, family, current travel & previous travel, email and communication address and other background information. The last section is to review the above information and make a declaration.
How to Fill in China Visa Application Form
According to the country where you reside in, citizens can apply for China Visa at visa section of Chinese Embassies and Consulates, or through China Visa Application Service Center.
● Submission to China Visa Application Service Center
If you submit through CVASC, online E-application Form submission and online appointment are required. Below are 5 major steps helps you easily and efficiently to finish the visa form:
1. Log on to the http://www.visaforchina.org, choose a service center located in your residence country and region, click the “Step by Step Guidance” to know documents you should prepare, and go to “Quick Access” to create a new application form.
2. Fill in the all sections of the form clearly, completely and truly, and upload a qualified photo, save and submit the form, keep your application number. If the form is completed by another person/agent on behalf of applicant, there is extra part to fill in. Bring 2 right photos to service center if you upload unsuccessfully.
3. Download and Print out the completed form, sign on the 1st and 8th page and write down the date.
4. Enter “Quick Access - Appointment”, use saved application number to book an appointment online, and download the confirmation email after receiving it. (Walk in submission is not accepted unless you meet requirements of recognized exceptions.)
5. Bring the downloaded China Visa Application Form, confirmation letter and all required documents to visit the service center at appointed time.
● Submission to the Chinese Embassy and Consulate General
If you apply for China Visa at visa office of Chinese Embassy and Consulate General directly, you also need to complete the online application form on the official website of the authority - https://cova.mfa.gov.cn, and print out the application form, confirmation page, and related personal forms. And submit your passport, signed forms mentioned above, and other supporting documents straightforward to the Chinese Embassy and Consulate.
Special Requirements of China Visa Application Form
There are some basic rules each applicant should know before filling in the form:
(1) each independent applicant are required to fill in a China Visa Application Form, including a child. If the children are under 18, the parents or lawful guardian must declare and sign on the form with related proof documents.
(2) the form should be filled in completely, clearly and truthfully, carefully reviewed and checked before submission and printed out. Once is submitted, it can not be modified. Any false, misleading or incomplete information may result in denial of the visa or refusal of entry into China.
(3) fill the form without any blank, if some items do not apply to you, type N/A or None in the corresponding spaces.
(4) try to avoid the abbreviation unless it is recognized, like IBM.
(5) with a total page of 4, you may print the form double-sided after completed all the information.
FAQs and Useful Tips of China Visa Application Form
☞ What to do if I forget to print out my online application form?
Once you start a visa application form online, there will be a Application ID created. Remember to write down or print the numbers, so you can retrieve you completed application form, download and print it and make an appointment online.
☞ Where to download Hong Kong & Macau Visa Application Form?
If you are not exempted from Hong Kong/Macau Visa, you can apply for visa/entry permit to Hong Kong/Macau directly from the Chinese Embassy in person, or from the local HK/Macau Immigration Department by post. You can fill in the form, download and print it for submission. (Check Hong Kong Visa, Macau Visa to find out if you need to apply for a visa for Hong Kong or Macau SARs).
For Hong Kong: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/forms/hk-visas/visit-transit.html;
For Macau: http://www.fsm.gov.mo/psp/eng/EDoN.html#EDoN_VII
☞ What should know about the online appointment?
To ensure your submission goes smoothly at CVASC, each applicant should book an appointment, make it early in peak business season. You can cancel, reschedule the appointment online if you can’t attend.
How to Get a Visa for China - Chinese Visa Application Guide
❶ Find out what kind of visa you need
Read different types of Chinese Visa to figure out which kind of visa you should apply for. Determine if you are suitable applicants for each visa type, by judging your purpose of visiting is for travel, business, work, transit, family reunion and etc or not. China Tourist Visa (L Visa) is for visitor going to China for tourism, F Visa is for exchanges, study tour, Business Visa (M Visa) is for commercial and trade, Student Visa (X Visa) is for studying in China. More Chinese Visa Types >>
❷ Apply for a Chinese Visa
According to various visa policy, applicants meet relevant requirements can submit China Visa application at Chinese Embassy, Diplomatic and Consular Missions or special ports of entry. You need to prepare and submit your valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity and blank pages, copy of passport’s first page, completed visa application form pasted with 2 recent photos (color photo with white background, taken within past 6 months, size: 48mmx33mm), sufficient visa fee and service charge and other supporting documents.
❸ Collect & check your China visa
The processing time differs from visa types. Normally, it takes about 4 to 5 business days for applicant to get a China Visa, and the accurate collection date will be noted on the pick-up slip. If you submit China Tourist Visa (L Visa) on Monday, you can pick up on Thursday. Check carefully the visa type, duration of stay, number of entries if they are issued correctly or not, after getting your passport back. Double check the validity when you plan to enter China, otherwise you will be denied entry.
Travel China Visa Free with China Discovery
China Discovery is a professional and experienced travel companion who offers high-value and worry-free tours for you. To fulfill your dream tour to China, we not only design ideal itinerary covering sightseeing, dining, transfer and hotel, but also will provide you useful Invitation Letter to help you obtain Chinese Visa, even customize a China Visa-free Tour in Beijing , Shanghai, Xian, Chengdu, Hangzhou and more available destinations if you meet relevant visa requirements.
Popular China Visa-free Tours:
- ● 4 Days Classic Beijing Tour with Great Wall Hiking
- ● 5 Days Beijing Essence Tour with Real Hutong Life
- ● 3 Days Shanghai Past and Present Contrast Tour
- ● 3 Days Shanghai Highlights & Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour
- ● 2 Days Xian City Break
- ● 3 Days Classic Xian Tour
- ● 2 Days Guilin Ideal Li River Cruise with Yangshuo Essence
- ● 3 Days Classic Guilin Tour - Guilin Brief Vacation
- ● 3 Days Chengdu City Break including Panda Volunteering
- ● 3 Days Chengdu Highlights Tour
- ● 1 Day Valuable Hong Kong Tour
- ● 2 Days Essence of Hong Kong Tour
Top China Visa-Free Cities
Introduction to China Visa
- Ultimate China Visa Guide
- Do I Neee A Visa for China
- Chinese Visa Types
- How to Read China Visa
- Single, Double, Multiple Entry Visa
- China Tourist Visa
China Visa Application
- How to Apply for China Visa
- China Visa Requirements
- Visa Invitation Letter
- China Visa Application Online
- China Visa Expedited Service
- How Much is A China Visa
- Apply China Visa in HK
- China Visa Renewal & Extension
- Lost Passport & China Visa
China Visa Exemptions
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Guilin / Yangshuo / Longsheng
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Questions & Discussions
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.
If you will come to China for short-term training, you should apply for a China F Visa,which needs your valid passport, 2 photos (48mmx33mm), completed visa application form, invitation letter and other relevant supporting documents.
to figure out where you should apply firstly.And then move on following application preparations.
Hope this will help and any further question is welcome.
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: