Alteration of China High Speed Train Tickets
You may feel confused about how to make an alteration of your tickets in China. Don’t worry, your problems can be solved after read the below details.
China Train Ticket Alteration Policy & Charges
A China train ticket can only be changed once. An e-ticket booked through China official ticket website 12306.cn can be altered online at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Other than this, you should make an alteration at train stations.
When You Need to Make an Alteration?
● When you unfortunately miss your High Speed Train and still want to go to your destination by train ( NOT normal China trains named after T, L, K or Z)
● When you want to change your departure date or time
● When you want to change your seat class type
● When you want to take another type of train (like Fuxing High Speed Train)
When You Cannot Make an Alteration?
● When you have already made an alternation
● When there is no ticket available
● When you want to change your arrival city while there is less than 48 hours left before departure
● When you want to delay your departure date while there is less than 48 hours left before departure
● When you forget your order number of your online booked tickets
● When you cannot provide your original valid passport (or other valid documents) used for online booked tickets
Notice: The arrival station and departure station on the above form only refer to other stations in the same city of your orignal tickets. For example, you can change you departure station from Chengdu East Railway Station to Chengdu Station if there are tickets left.
Documents Required for Alteration
For tickets booked at train stations, there is no requirement for original valid passport. But if you book online and want to make an alteration at the ticket window, you need to provide your original valid passport and order number (E+9 numbers) together.
China train ticket Alternation Charges - Price Difference
Usually, there is no separate fee required for alternation. Your overpaid money will be return if the new ticket price is lower than your original one. However, if the price of the new ticket is higher than your original one, about 5% of the difference will be charged as service fee. A service fee may require if you book through an agency, so you’d better check that before booking.
How to Alter China Train Ticket - Alteration Windows (改签窗口)
You should queue in front of ticket alteration windows (改签窗口) inside the ticket office (售票厅) of train stations. Always long queues in front of the counters there, especially during holidays. Give your documents and ticket to the staffs, and they will help you deal with the rest. Most railway stations open 24 hours in a day, but there are a few ticket windows available after 11:00pm.
Only selected staffs in metropolises like Beijing and Shanghai MAY speak English, so you can show the below sentences when you encounter with some language barrier:
● English: Hello, I couldn’t find the ticket office, could you help me?
● English: Hello, I want to alter my train ticket, is this the correct line?
● English: Hello, I want to make an alteration. Here are my passport and ticket, thank you!
>>Check more about How to Book China High Speed Train Tickets
>>Check more about How to Read China High Speed Train Tickets
>>Check more about How to Collect China High Speed Train Tickets
>>Check more about China High Speed Train Ticket Cancellation - Documents, Policy & Charges
Highly Recommended Routes to Experience China High Speed Trains
As high speed train travel are becoming much popular and recommended by large portion of visitors in China, here we also list some top high speed train routes chosen by most people during their China tour. See the routes at below and pick one to experience the great advantages of travelling by high speed train. Also, you could check all high speed train routes to select which section to experience.
- Best transfer between China’s top two largest cities.
- Shifting among the most famed great ancient capitals.
- Bullet train to see metropolis and heavenly city on earth.
- Easy close up to traditional elegance of Jiangnan.
- Meet chubby giant pandas and eternal terracotta warriors.
- Travelling in picturesque karst landscapes and water and hills.
More Articles about China Bullet Train Tickets
- Everything about Your Tickets
- How to Book Hong Kong High Speed Rail Tickets
- How to Read Your Train Tickets
- How to Collect Your Train Tickets
- How to Book China Train Tickets
- China Bullet Train Tickets Cancellation
- www.12306.cn - China Railway Official Website
Extension Readings of High Speed Train Travel in China
- Facilities, Food & Services Onboard
- Food & Drinks Onboard
- Toilets & Washrooms Onboard
- China Train Baggage Allowance & Policy
- Most Useful Train Travel Tips & Advice
- Most Useful Chinese Phrases for Taking Trains
- High Speed Train Seats & How to Choose
- China High Speed Train Types
- Ultimate China Train Travel Guide
- Top 10 Advantages of Train Travel in China
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 9 Days East China & Mt. Huang Tour by High Speed Train
Shanghai / Suzhou / Hangzhou / Huangshan
- 7 Days Shanghai Suzhou Beijing Contrast Tour by High Speed Train
Shanghai / Tongli / Suzhou / Beijing
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once inquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Have a question? Get answers from our travel experts or guests
- Your Question:
- Your Name:
- Your Email: