Datong Xian high speed railway, also known as Daxi high speed rail, is the rail line connecting Datong with Xian. With a total length of 859 kilometers, this rail line passes 706 kilometers in Shanxi Province and 153 kilometers in Shaanxi Province. There are 9 cities and 31 counties on this line, including Datong, Shuozhou, Qizhou, Taiyuan, Jinzhong, Linfen, Yuncheng in Shanxi, and Weinan and Xian in Shaanxi. It runs at an average speed of 250 km/h.
At present, the section of Datong-Taiyuan is under construction and travelers can take high speed train (D Trains) running between Taiyuan and Xian. It only needs 3 hours. After the complete construction of Datong Xian high speed railway, the travel time between Datong and Xian is only 5 hours.
Datong Xian High Speed Rail Map
On Datong Xian high speed rail, travelers can take D train and G train from Taiyuan/Xian to Pingyao, Yuncheng, Linfen for sightseeing.
● Taiyuan-Xian: 19 D trains are from Taiyuan South to Xian North, available during 07:00~19:13, for 3 hours to 3 hours and 55 minutes;
● Taiyuan-Pingyao: 18 D trains and 1 G train are from Taiyuan South to Pingyao Ancient City Railway Station, available during 06:15~19:53, for 31~55 minutes;
● Taiyuan-Yuncheng: 26 D trains and 1 G train are from Taiyuan South to Yuncheng North, available during 06:15~19:53, for 1 hours 51 minutes to 2 hours and 40 minutes;
● Taiyuan-Linfen: 26 D trains and 1 G train are from Taiyuan South to Linfen West, available during 06:03~19:53, for 1~2 hours.
Datong Xian High Speed Train
● Xian-Taiyuan: 19 D trains from Xian North to Taiyuan South, available during 07:35~19:05, for 3~4 hours;
● Xian-Pingyao: 8 D trains (D2506, D2508, D2512, G2516, G2520, D2526, G2562, G2534) from are from Xian North to Pingyao Ancient City Railway Station, available during 09:05~19:05, for around 2.5-3 hours; >> Check detailed Xian to Pingyao Train Schedule
● Xian-Yuncheng: 10 D trains from Xian North to Yuncheng North, available during 06:38~19:05, for 1~1.5 hours;
● Xian-Linfen: 10 D trains from Xian North to Linfen West, available during 09:38~20:05, for 1-1.5 hours.
Xian North Railway Station
Location: Taiyuan South Railway Station (太原南站) is located at No.31 Nongke North Road, Xiaodian District of Taiyuan; 9 km from Taiyuan Railway Station
Transportation: Bus No.51, 807, 849, 868, 824, 861, 901, 902, 903, 813, 836, 201, 11, 55 and night bus 501 and 502 are available. If you take taxi, it needs around 10-15 minutes to get to the city center of Taiyuan.
Location: Xian North Railway Station (西安北站) is located in Weiyang District, 10 km north of city center, 12 km from Bell Tower and 20 km from Xian Xianyang International Airport
Transportation: Subway line 2 is linking Xian North with Xian Ancient City, Shaanxi History Museum, Bell Tower, etc.
Location: Pingyao Ancient City Railway Station (平遥古城站) is located about 8 kilometers away from Pingyao Ancient City;
Transportation: If you take taxi, it costs around 30 Yuan to the ancient city. The Bus No.108 takes travelers going from Pingyao Ancient City to Pingyao Bus Station, Shuanglin Temple, and Pingyao Railway Station. Get off at Kuixingyuan Station and you’ll arrive at the south gate of Pingyao Ancient City.
Taiyuan South Railway Station
Pingyao Ancient City Station
Along the Datong Xian high speed rail, there are many attractions to explore. You won’t miss the highlights including:
● Datong: Yungang Grottoes, Hengshan Mountain, Hanging Temple, Huayan Temple, Nine Dragon Screen Wall
● Shuozhou: Yingxian Wooden Pagoda
● Qizhou: Mount Wutai
● Taiyuan: Jinci Temple, Twin Pagoda Temple, Chongshan Temple
● Linfen: Hukou Waterfall, Hongtong Grand Pagoda Tree
● Yuncheng: Pujiu Buddhist Temple, Guandi Temple of Xiezhou
● Weinan: Mount Hua
● Xian: Terracotta Warriors, Xian Ancient City, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Bell Tower, Shaanxi History Museum
Pingyao Ancient City
Xian Terracotta Warriors
It is highly recommended to cover Yungang Grottoes, Hanging Temple, Yingxian Wooden Pagoda, Mount Wutai, Pingyao Ancient City, Qiao Family’s Compound and Terracotta Warriors, Xian Ancient City Wall in your trip for about 6 days tour. To customize your Shanxi and Shaanxi tour, feel free to contact our professional travel consultants who are here ready to build your own tour to satisfy your likes and needs.
Top 3 tours chosen by most customers to explore in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary, or tailor your own trip now with us.
Taiyuan / Pingyao / Taiyuan
Pingyao / Xian
Beijing / Datong / Taiyuan / Pingyao / Xian / Luoyang / Dengfeng / Zhengzhou
Start planning your tailor-made holiday to China by contacting one of our specialists. Once enquired, you’ll get a response within 0.5~23.5 hours.Customize a Trip
Following are latest questions and answers from our webusers and customers. You can learn many useful information from the discussion and cases. You can also join in the discussions or ask your own question. Our experts will help you ASAP.