How to Get from Beijing to Zhangjiajie - By Flight & Train
Before you study the transportation between Beijing and Zhangjiajie, you may wonder why putting Beijing and Zhangjiajie in one trip? The answers are clear. Beijing is the most important gateway city to China with many international flights running to everyday. That means once you enter China and you can easily access to Zhangjiajie within several hours. Beijing is a melting pot of global power, ancient culture and modern energy. Walk on the Great Wall of China, experience the rich history of an ancient culture, and feel the energy an power of one of the fastest developing areas in the world. AND THEN, transfer to Zhangjiajie, a totally different nature wonderland with peculiar sandstone pillars and peaks and outdoor paradise fulled with thrilling activities and challenge. Huge contrast for your Beijing Zhangjiajie travel, isn’t it?
Now, it is time to check the latest transportation guide to know how to get from Beijing to Zhangjiajie 2022 and which is the most convenient way for the transfer. Keep reading!
How Far is Zhangjiajie from Beijing?
Beijing is situated at the northern tip of the roughly triangular North China Plain, while Zhangjiajie is located at the northwest of Hunan Province. To see them on a map, Zhangjiajie is located at the southwest of Beijing, about 1557 kilometers (967 miles) away. There are direct flights and train running from Beijing to Zhangjiajie. Travelers can take a flight to Zhangjiajie within 3 hours, however, the train from Beijing to Zhangjiajie is quite long, which needs about 23-26.5 hours. Check the following detailed location & transfer map to get quick information to travel from Beijing to Zhangjiajie.
(Note: If you are looking for Zhangjiajie to Beijing transportation, you can turn to How to Travel from Zhangjiajie to Beijing 2022.)
Beijing to Zhangjiajie Map
1. Beijing to Zhangjiajie Flights (Fast, Convenient & Most Recommended)
- Duration: 3 hours around
- From - To: Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) to Zhangjiajie Hehua International Airport (DYG)
Taking a flight from Beijing to Zhangjiajie is chosen by most travelers who want to combine a Beijing tour with Zhangjiajie. BUT, There is ONLY ONE direct flight from Beijing to Zhangjiajie. It takes off at Beijing Capital International Airport at 18:35 and arrive in Zhangjiajie Huehua International Airport at 21:30. The whole travel time is about 3 hours. It means you can have half day Beijing tour on the departure day from Beijing to Zhangjiajie, which saves you a lot time when taking this flight.
Travel Tip: Since there is only one from Beijing to Zhangjiajie, some travelers would take a connecting flight in the peak travel season. The connecting flights may make a stop for several hours in Changsha, Hengyang, Yantai, Jinan. It is time consuming and you can use it in special cases.
Zhangjiajie to Beijing Flight: Also one flight from Zhangjiajie to Beijing. You can take the flight from Hehua Airport at 22:15 and reach Beijing Capital International Airport at 00:40. You can finish your whole day Zhangjiajie tour and then head to the airport for leave.
2. Beijing to Zhangjiajie Train (Long Journey & Not Recommended)
- Duration: 23 - 26.5 hours
- From - To: Beijing Railway Station / Beijing West Railway Station - Zhangjiajie Railway Station
No high speed trains run from Beijing to Zhangjiajie at present. Very few travelers would take the K-series train from Beijing to Zhangjiajie, which needs about 23 - 26.5 hours in total. Since it is quite long on the train and it is not recommended for regular travelers.
|Train||Departure Station||Arrival Station||Schedule||Duration|
|K967||Beijing Railway Station||Zhangjiajie Railway Station||08:37-11:20 (+1)||26h43m|
|K267||Beijing West Railway Station||13:22-12:30 (+1)||23h8m|
|K473||Beijing Railway Station||16:16-16:43 (+1)||24h27m|
(Note: The above schedules may be adjusted based on the real situation. Please head to our real-time China train page to check Beijing to Zhangjiajie Train Schedules & Tickets.)
3. Beijing to Zhangjiajie Via Changsha - Alternative Options
When traveling from Beijing to Zhangjiajie, some travelers would make a transit in Changsha, the capital city in Hunan Province. Many daily flights and high speed trains are running from Beijing to Changsha and also both flights and trains are available from Changsha to Zhangjiajie. This makes the transfer not complicated.
Beijing to Changsha: by Flight & High Speed Train
● By Flight (3 hours): About 19 direct flights take off from Beijing Capital International Airport to Changsha Huanghua International Airport everyday. It needs around 3 hours. Since there are many schedules in a day and you can choose any one to suit for your time to reach Changsha.
● By High Speed Train (5.5-7 hours): There are 15 G trains running from Beijing West Railway Station to Changsha South Railway Station. The earliest one starts at 07:26 and you’ll arrive in Changsha at 14:32, and the last one at 15:40 and you’ll arrive in Changsha at 22:32. The whole time needs about 5.5 hours to 7 hours. Learn more Real-time Schedules & Tickets from Beijing to Changsha >>
Changsha to Zhangjiajie: By Flight & Train
● By Flight (about 1 hour): 7 direct flights are running from Changsha Huanghua International Airport to Zhangjiajie Hehua International Airport. It needs only 1 hours. There are over 15 high speed trains run from Changsha Railway Station to Zhangjiajie West Railway Station from early morning to night hours, which needs about 2.5-3.5 hours.
To know the detailed schedules of the flights and train to Zhangjiajie, you can check How to Transfer from Changsha to Zhangjiajie.
How to Transfer?
Option One: Beijing to Changsha by Flight + Changsha to Zhangjiajie by Flight (about 5 hours)
If you take the morning flight from Beijing to Changsha and then take the noon flight from Changsha to Zhangjiajie, you’ll arrive in Zhangjiajie around 13:00-14:00. If you take the afternoon flight from Beijing to Changsha and then for the late afternoon flight from Changsha to Zhangjiajie, you’ll arrive in Zhangjiajie during 18:00-21:00. The whole transfer time needs about 5 hours. If you choose flights, it is fast but costs a little higher than by train.
Option Two: Beijing to Changsha by High Speed Train + Changsha to Zhangjiajie by Bullet Train (about 7.5 hours)
Travelers should hop on the morning G train from Beijing to Changsha before 12:00 and take the afternoon high speed train from Changsha to Zhangjiajie. The transfer between Changsha West Railway Station and Changsha Railway Station needs about 30 minutes either by maglev train or by taxi. Then, the whole travel time takes about 7.5 hours.
4. Beijing to Zhangjiajie Via Xian - Make a Stop in the Ancient Capital of China
Many travelers would take the itinerary as following: Beijing - Xian - Zhangjiajie - Guilin - Shanghai. They would like to make a stop in Xian for one or two days’ exploration. It will be great to take high speed train from Beijing to Xian (4.5-6.5 hours) and stay in Xian for about two days to visit Terracotta Warriors, Ancient Wall, Muslim Quarter, Big Wild Goose Pagoda and Shaanxi History Museum. After the visiting, take the evening flight from Xian to Zhangjiajie (1.5 hours).
Recommended Tour Package:
>> 7 Days Xian Mount Hua Zhangjiajie National Forest Park Tour (Xian / Huashan / Xian / Zhangjiajie)
How to Plan your Beijing Zhangjiajie Travel?
To combine Beijing and Zhangjiajie in one trip, you need to spend about 6 days to 8 days.
You need 2 or 3 full days to explore the best highlights of Beijing, including Tian’anmen Square, Forbidden City, Great Wall, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Hutongs, etc. If you have more days, you can go for an in-depth Great Wall hiking or explore more hidden attractions in the city.
Zhangjiajie is a scenic paradise with over 3000 narrow sandstone pillars and peaks, many over 200 meters high. There are many stunning tourist attractions scattered in and around Zhangjiajie City. It is a good idea to spend about 2 to 3 days in the north of Zhangjiajie City, about 30~40 kilometers away. Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Yuanjiajie and Tianzi Mountain are usually combined into a two-day itinerary. Furthermore, Yellow Dragon Cave, Baofeng Lake and Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon & Glass Bridge can be visited in one day. To travel in-depth with a visit to Tianmen Mountain, it will take another day, forming 5 days’ itinerary.
To travel extensively, you can add Xian, Guilin, Shanghai into your trip. Usually, you’ll spend two days in Xian, 3 days in Guilin and 2 days in Shanghai. Take a look at the following sample itinerary:
>> 13 Days China Landscape Tour including Zhangjiajie and Guilin (Beijing / Xian / Zhangjiajie / Guilin / Shanghai)
Travel with China Discovery
Besides above mentioned destinations, you can also go with Yangtze River Cruise, Chengdu, Huangshan, Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-La, Lhasa, Pingyao, Luoyang and more destinations in China. If you have your own ideas to travel in Beijing, Zhangjiajie and China, please feel free to tell us your likes and demands and our experienced travel experts will adjust the arrangements based on your needs. All you need to do is to enjoy the tour and leave all the rest to us. Tailor make your China tour with China Discovery now!
Read More about Zhangjiajie Transportation
- How to Get to Zhangjiajie
- Getting around Zhangjiajie
- Flights to Zhangjiajie
- Zhangjiajie High Speed Trains
- Zhangjiajie to Fenghuang
- Chengdu to Zhangjiajie
- Guilin to Zhangjiajie
- Shanghai to Zhangjiajie
- Hong Kong to Zhangjiajie
- Xian to Zhangjiajie
- Changsha to Zhangjiajie
Useful Zhangjiajie Travel Articles
- Things to Do in Zhangjiajie
- Top 14 Zhangjiajie Attractions
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park
- Wulingyuan Scenic Area
- Zhangjiajie Glass Bridge
- Zhangjiajie Hiking
- Zhangjiajie Weather & Seasons
- Where to Stay in Zhangjiajie
- Latest Zhangjiajie Maps
- Zhangjiajie Food
- Zhangjiajie FAQs & Tips
- Zhangjiajie Travel Guide
Keep Readings on Zhangjiajie Tours
- How to Plan A Zhangjiajie Tour
- How to Spend 2 Days in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 3 Days in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 4 Days in Zhangjiajie
- How to Spend 5 Days in Zhangjiajie
- Top Zhangjiajie Tours
- Zhangjiajie Classic Tour
- Zhangjiajie + Glass Bridge
- Zhangjiajie + Tianmen Mountain
- Zhangjiajie + Fenghuang Tour
- Zhangjiajie + Fanjingshan Tour
- Beijing Zhangjiajie Tours
- Shanghai Zhangjiajie Tours
- Xian Zhangjiajie Tours
Recommended Beijing Zhangjiajie Tours
Top 3 Beijing Zhangjiajie tours chosen by most customers to explore Beijing Zhangjiajie in the best way. Check the detailed itinerary,or tailor your own trip now with us.
- 6 Days Beijing to Zhangjiajie Fantastic Adventure Tour
Beijing / Zhangjiajie
- 8 Days Beijing Zhangjiajie Shanghai Dream Tour
Beijing / Zhangjiajie / Shanghai