Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
I’m waiting for the flight back to Kuala Lumpur now. Flight is delayed.
Thank you anyway for your kind help thus far. We enjoyed the sightseeing very much especially pingyao. Food at 天元奎 as recommended by hotel staff in pingyao suit us well.. and breakfast served at 云锦成was very good too. All in all is superb; it’s a memorable holiday trip for us all.
Thank you again.
Dear Wing Zeng,
We had a good trip home, and after some days we started again with our daily activities.
We enjoyed very much our trip in China, the wonderful places and unforgettable experiences, the very professional organization, including guides and drivers. We had really a good time, although the rain was sometimes a little disturbing. However, when hiking in the mountains we say “ there is no bad weather, just wrong clothes”. Overall, the service of ChinaDiscovery, and the professionalism and kindness of Wing Zeng are highly recommendable.
Regarding future trips, we have not decided yet if we will come again to China this year. May be it would be a little too much after 3 trips in one year but also because of others obligations.
We are having an amazing time. Thank you for organizing this trip for us.
Our guides, drivers and yourself have been extremely helpful and informative.
Thank you very much for the gift we received yesterday from Jane.
Good morning, Leo!
Thank you for asking about the tour.
Regarding the trip I can only say, that it was really great! We were only 9 English speaking people and we felt really taken care of. Especially Kathy was always very attentive and helpful.
So I recommended your company already to my friend Julia - I think she’s already contacted you...
Herzliche Grüße/ Kind regards
I am working very hard in the University after the beatiful travel.
Thank you so much, it was great.
I always will say Rita is a very good travel agency.
I would like to see you, but you are very busy.
God bless you
Here is our feedback.
1. My husband and I want to thank our travel consultant, Wonder Wang, for his travel advice, prompt reply, and professionalism. We had a private group of 5 adults and 2 children. We travelled to 6 places in China in 2 weeks: Xian, Zhangye, Chengdu, Zhangjiajie, Huangshan, and Shanghai. Wonder made all the arrangement for us and kept us updated on everything. We had no problem with the fast speed train, soft sleepers, and flights. Wonder did an amazing job with the planning. We had the itinerary with flight and train details before our departure except for the soft sleepers which could only be booked at a later time. He called us while we were in China and updated us on the tickets for the soft sleepers. We appreciate all his hard work. One thing we commented on throughout the trip was the thoroughness of his planning.
2. At every destination, we were greeted by an English speaking local guide. The local guides took us to every places that were listed in our itinerary. The van was big enough to accommodate 7 of us and our luggage. It was humid in China and we welcomed the air-condition in the van. All the hotel rooms had air-conditioning except for the hotel in Huangshan. It was up in the mountain and the open window brought in cool air.
3. We highly recommend China Discovery. We do have a friend who signed up for a trip next year.
4. We were very impressed with China Discovery and were fortunate to get Wonder as our travel consultant. We had emailed three travel companies with our travel destination and China Discovery was able to provide an itinerary to match our wish at a reasonable quote.
We had a local guide in every province. We highly recommend our Xian guide, Betty. She was knowledgeable and explained things well. Ivy, our guide in Chengdu was friendly and personal. She took us to a place for dinner and showed us what the locals eat. In Huangshan, we had the best guide, Jerry. Jerry walked us to our rooms and checked each room, making sure we had what we needed. He encouraged and motivated us to hike further. He was patience with the adults and children. When I told him that I had lost my train ticket for Huangshan to Shanghai, he stayed calm and helped solved my issue. I was able to purchase a new ticket and got refund at Shanghai train station.
5. As my sister had mentioned, it would be better if family members could sit together on train or plane.
In Zhangye, it would be great if the local guide would give a more in-depth explanation about the geological formation of Danxia landform and not just the shapes of some rock formations.
6. Sure. You are welcome to use our comments and photos. Photos attached.
Interesting Experience in Xian
Beautiful Rainbow Mountain in Zhangye
Matisi Temple in Zhangye
We drank tea in People's Park as local people did
I want to thank you very sincerely for arranging our amazing China trip. I was really impressed by how smoothly everything went. Before the trip you were always very courteous and responsive to our questions. The information you provided us were very thorough. Booking the trip was very easy.
Our trip started very well. We had a late arrival or 10:45 pm landing time. Our guide actually did the hotel check in before picking us up so we could just go to the hotel and quickly get into our room. Thank you Betty for doing that.
All pickups and drop offs were on time and efficient. And All hotels exceeded our expectations for their locations.
The breakfasts were also sufficient, and some abundant. Most of the beds in our hotels had really hard beds which we were not used to. I think maybe that is a Chinese preference and our friends like the hard beds.
Our itinerary was also well planned out. We packed in maximum amount of activities. We enjoyed all 6 of our locations. In fact most places I found myself wishing I could have stayed longer. My personal favorite was Huangshan. I wished I had more time to explore the mountains and also the neighboring old cities.
Our guides in general have been very courteous, kind and patient. We enjoyed Betty from Xi’an and Jerry from Shanghai the most. They were both outstanding in their effort to ensure our comfort, even prior to our arrival, and also the explanations and information. We learned so so much from them. I need to give a special mention to Jerry. He is everything s good guide should be. We are very glad to have met him. He was always teaching us some Chinese culture, Chinese sayings, and at the same time trying motivate us for the hard hikes.
Most days we had lunch included in our agenda. They have mostly been good. We tasted local cuisines everywhere we went. Some we like better than others but we were glad we tasted the local affairs.
The only minor negative was the pickup at Shanghai when we arrived 2 hours late due to the severe weather. Our guide Mark told us he waited 3 hours for us and was hungry. He was a bit impatient with us. We had a different lady for airport drop off next day and she was extremely sweet.
All in all, we had an amazing 2 week of jam packed activities and everything went without a hitch. The itinerary was well planned, and we followed it without problems. I would definitely recommend China Discovery and Wonder Wang.
Thank you very much, Wonder.
I will be back next year for another trip.
Great trip great staff great guides and great entertainment. Very informative and Shirley was great.
Thanks a million
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing