Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
Dear Ms. Riley,
Aixiao and I enjoyed the cruise very much. The ship was almost new and the accommodations for our deluxe cabin were quite nice. Considering the high price for upgrade to larger cabin I'm glad we stayed with what you booked. Crew of the ship were great but I'm very glad that Aixiao speaks Chinese to help us. We had a wonderful time and all of the reservations you made worked out perfectly. Train ride from Beijing to Yichang was great. No problems with 2nd class tickets because we each had our own comfortable seats. Thanks so much for handling our reservations and bookings. You are a good professional travel agent.
We arrived in Chengdu last night. Thank you for the wodnerful honeymoon present, we love it a lot!
Can’t wait to see the pandas today.
Sorry for the late reply. I got sick coming back from the China tour. Below are my answers:
1. I am actually really impressed with Wonder's response time to my emails. He always reply within the same day and with answers. In fact, this is one of the thing I told my friends when I made the recommendation about your company. Wonder is just wonderful.
2. The tour guide is great during my trip at Hangzhou.
3. I have already recommended a few of my friends to contact Wonder for their future trips.
We are having a wonderful trip. Thank you for your organisation.
Beautiful Autumn Scene in Longsheng
My 2 days hike has just finished and it was really great. So thank you for helping me to organize this hike. And I want to specify that I really enjoyed the company of my guide Mr David（张国亮). He has been really great and careful with me and the hike will not have been the same without him. And the driver (张伟泉) was also nice. Thanks a lot to both of them, and to you. Also to inform you that my phone number and wechat will not work after tomorrow.
We had a very nice time in China.
We filled in all the different feedbackforms allready.
To make a Trip to Longji, it could help to know in advance, that in makes sence to bring a small bag.
The most important information for you is to know, that everything was perfectly organized.
Thank you very much.
This is my review.
Exceptional experience for architecture students in Tibet!
Review of China Discovery
As the travel coordinator for a graduate school at a major US university, I work with travel industry professional daily. I can honestly say that the service provided by Riley Guo and Tibet Discovery was the best I have ever encountered. From the moment we decided to reserve a tour for a group of our graduate students and faculty until the day the group returned, Riley Guo was exceptional. We had less than thirty days to organize passports to China, travel permits to Tibet and the trip itself. Many experienced travel professionals told me that it would be impossible to organize a group to travel to Tibet in that short time period. Well, they haven't met Riley or worked with China Discovery. Because we did it! And our group had an unbelievable time.
Riley was involved every step of the way. She advised us on visa requirements, the flights, tour details, how to prepare the students for what they would encounter in Tibet. Every e-mail I sent to her (and I probably e-mailed her daily for the entire month of planning) was promptly answered and every question answered. She was the model of efficiency and a treasure-trove of knowledge. We never could have organized this trip without her. She even provided the faculty traveling with the students with her personal cell phone number because she was going to be away on holiday during the time the group was in China/Tibet and urged them to contact her during her own vacation if they needed assistance during the trip. Honestly, where else can you find that level of service??
The students and faculty had a remarkable visit. They saw sights that will stay with them forever. The hotels were perfect. The food was great. The tour guides instructive and knowledgeable. The travel plan went without a hitch. Everything promised was provided and then some. Our group was traveling for educational purposes (they are architecture students) and not simply on a tour and the tour guide made every effort to create a program that would meet the educational goals of the trip and highlight areas that would be of interest to our students.
I can't praise China Discovery or Riley enough. I will definitely use them again for future trips. I wish all tour companies operated like this company. Everything was perfect! Thank you China Discovery!
Date of experience: October 2019
We enjoyed our tour of Yunnan. For the most part, things went fine and our tour guides/drivers were quite good.
My responses to questions are below:
1. Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions?
Yes. Very prompt an informative responses to email inquiries.
2. How’s the service of the tour guides during your whole tour?
The guides were good, some better than others.
3. Would you like to recommend our company? Because of the high elevation, the tour guide in Shangrila should have recommended purchasing supplemental oxygen before the hike; we only discovered it was possible to buy oxygen when we were on the hike and saw many others had oxygen canisters. Also recommend booking non-Chinese tourists like ourselves in hotels suitable to foreigners; some of the hotels were not well suited for foreigners because the staff did not speak English and there were no international TV stations. Lastly, we recommend the tour guides ask us for lunch preferences and let us choose meals among a menu of options; several times the tour guides ordered our food and we did not like what was ordered.
Thanks for your help with organizing our enjoyable and memorable tour of Yunnan province.
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing