Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
We had a wonderful cruise with your company. The service from the crew and staff was just perfect, very friendly and helpful at all times. We loved the ship, the scenery, the people of China. And the food. We recommend this cruise to everyone and would do the same again ourselves.
Deck of the Cruise Boat
1. Wendy Dan was fantastic! We had booked a tour with a travel company that went bankrupt. With our flights already booked and only 3 months to go, I contacted Wendy who planned the most amazing trip imaginable. She answered all questions (which were many)within 24 hours and after she had it all planned for us, happily added another couple which required rebooking it all. She deserves a raise for all she did for us.
2. The tour was way beyond our expectations! Our first concern was meeting up with tour guides in 4 cities and making connections in airports and railroad stations. Every connection was flawless - our guide was there well in advance each time holding a sign with our names. The guides were phenomenal—all speaking excellent English and showing so much enthusiasm in showing us their beautiful cities and the areas nearby. Our guides were Jeans in Beijing, Waldner in Xian, Melinda in Chongqing, and Frank in Shanghai. Each had their own unique personality which made each city special. It was as if we had a personal, local friend in each location. Jeans was so nurturing and made us feel so comfortable in a foreign country. Waldner carried on such interesting conversations — he really stretched our minds. In Chongqing, we only spent about 4 hours with Melinda, but in that time she took us for a Hotpot dinner, told us the whole history of the area, and took us shopping for snacks and drinks before our cruise- we wished she could have been with us longer. And finally Frank in Shanghai did a wonderful job of showing us the whole city in one day as well as getting us to the airport the last day. We also want to compliment our drivers who were amazing in really congested city traffic.
3. The trip was wonderful and a real bargain for the quality— accommodations and meal were outstanding as well! We will (and already have) recommend your company to anyone we hear is interested in a trip to China. I did send in a positive review to Trip Advisor.
The only suggestion or slight change I would make in the whole trip would be to make a slight change in the visit to the Sacred Way— rather than visiting that passageway, the actual tomb might have been more interesting.
Thank you again Wendy. You did a superb job. Our trip was better than any tour we’ve ever taken. You said when I first told you about our original trip being cancelled, that we would not be disappointed in your company— you were absolutely right! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!
In Front of the Bird Nest
We Have Climbed up the Great Wall!
Ancient Xian & Traditional Chinese Performances
We are enjoying the Yangtze cruise now. It was an easy process to get onto the cruise ship after your detailed instruction by email.
For that, we thank you very much.. The cruise ship is of very high standard and we are very happy with your effort and diligence..
Thank you again for keeping in contact with us... I do not have Wifi with my mobile. Therefore I am using the email for communication as there is a terminal on the cruise for guests to use freely...
We have returned home to Singapore safely this evening. My friends and I would like to say a Big Thank You to you and your team for making our trip to Zhangjiajie and Yangtze River cruise a successful one. We are impressed with your professionalism in organising, advising and also your prompt reply to our queries and feedbacks prior to and during our tour. We greatly appreciate your efforts not only in making our group tour possible but also a safe, enjoyable and memorable one for all of us. We look forward to working with you on our future trips to China.
I am finally catching up on all my emails. Despite the annoyance of large crowds, we had a wonderful trip. We are enormously impressed with what we experienced in China. We so enjoyed the beauty of its nature, culture, cuisine, people . . . . We will be back. Thank you so much for all your assistance.
I wish to reiterate what Irene wrote in her last email. I was a bit apprehensive initially about your company because I read some bad comments in Trip Advisor but she reassured me that there will always be bad comments from some of your customers. I am glad I stuck to her conviction.
My wife & I were impressed by the efficient way you handled her lost pyjamas in Xian. 2 of the guides deserve special mention: Timo Han in Xian and Sophie Zhang in Xiamen. We were very impressed with their historical knowledge (which is expected with all guides) and their willingness to go out of their way to help us. Timo even downloaded an app on my phone to help me improve my Chinese writing and Sophie did a lot of research to help us trace our ancestral village. We would certainly recommend our friends to engage them when they visit China and we would certainly request their services when we visit China again.
By way of criticism, I have 3 points to make:
1. I agree with Irene that 1 full day visiting the“tulou”should be sufficient.
2. Since my wife & I are not religious, and Irene is a Christian, 1 visit to a temple is sufficient for us from a historical perspective. Soffie wanted to take us to another temple but we declined.
3. From a logistical view point, it was not a good idea to check into our hotel in Xiamen for 1 night, re-pack our bags the next morning for the trip to Nanjing county for 1 night and then return to the same hotel in Xiamen. It would be better to go to Nanjing county to see the tulous first then make our final trip to Xiamen since this was the main purpose for our visit.
In summary, I must say we are very pleased with your company, in particular, your prompt response to our request for advice & help and would certainly recommend China Discovery to our friends.
Hi Mr Wong
Thanks for all your arrangements. Enjoyed myself and sorry for my son ‘s early return disruptions.
Travel consultant Wonder was excellent. Dealt with all our questions promptly and everything was well organized when we got to China.
Cruise was good except for the weather
Yes would definitely recommend the company
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing