Petra & Kurt
- Reviewed on July 7, 2016
We have had a fantastic time in Tibet!
The sights we visited in Lhasa were very impressive. For many years I wanted to see the Potala Palace, and yes it is amazing! We are also glad that we have chosen St.-Regis hotel to stay in hasa because it is very pleasant to know that after each trip there will be an oasis of peace and a good bed for a good night’s sleep. Especially after visiting Namtso lake, it was quite hard during the nightbecause of the high altitude and the cold. But it was worth it!
We visited a lot of monasteries but it has never bored us:
- We visited Trurphu Monastery in the snow!
- In Samye Monastery we were fortunate to be able to experience a special ceremony because of the visit of an important Lama.
- From the Nunnery in Chimpuk at the base of the hill it was a challenge for us to reach the original meditation cave of Guru Rinpoche. But through the constant encouragement of our lovely guide Dhokar and our responsible driver we achieved!
- At Kubum Monastery we were able to see a large Thangka of Shakyamuni Buddha hanging on the wall.
- In Tashilumpo Monastery we were lucky to see the monks making huge amounts of butter and tsampa sculptures for a festival. And last but not least, one of the highlights was the visit to Mt; Everest Base Camp and to glance at the very rooftop of the world!
On the way back to Lhasa our driver stopped in a village because he heard something about a horse race, and yes after some hours we were rewarded, 20 farmers in colourful traditional costumes arrived on horseback and showed their special riding skills. This was an unexpected surprise which resulted in some beautiful pictures!
So we want to thank you all, and specially our guide Dhokar an driver, for the good care and the lovely time we spent together.
Thanks and best regards,
Petra & Kurt
Amazing Travel Stories with Hot Destinations from Our Customers
Our dear customers have shared many travel stories, feelings and stunning pictures after finishing their trips with us. They are glad to share everything with you and you are warmly welcomed to read their photo stories. For more, you can click 2012-2020 Customer Travel Stories" to appreciate all stuning stories. Get inspired now!
Warm People, Warm the World - Annual Tibet Trip for Love Sharing
Jack and their partners would get back to Tibet from the distant USA every year, and until now, they’ve visited Tibet for 6 times. Every time, they had wonderful time enjoying the highlights of Tibet, and helped the blind, brought them hope of life and encouraged them to meet every day with braveness...
- Jack (USA)
- (6 Times) 2013~2019
Rachel Grant’s Panda Volunteer Experience in Dujiangyan
The distinctive black and white animal is a national treasure in China and one of the rarest, most endangered bears in the world. A one-on-one encounter with a giant panda is a bucket list highlight and a must-do when you are in China. The time I spent witnessing such human dedication is truly eye-opening...
- Panda Volunteer Star: Ms. Rachel Grant (British)
- Chengdu - Dujiangyan
Returning Hometown to Regain Adopted Daughter's Confidence
Lawson's Family had an amazing family China tour with their two adopted daughters from China and touchingly helped their adopted ethnic little girl regain confidence.
- Lawson (UK)
- (19 Days) 2018.10.17~2018.11.04
- Shenzhen - Xiamen - Guangzhou - Zhaoxing - Rongjiang - Congjiang - Guilin - Chengdu - Hangzhou - Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai
“Only You” - Couple’s Resounding 69 Days Private China Journey
Elie & Marie has successfully enjoyed their wonderful and romantic 10 week couple's private vacation and experienced a lot of interesting things in 32 destinations around vast China!
- Elie (Belgium)
- (69 Days) 2019.09.04~2019.11.11
- Beijing - Hohhot - Datong - Pingyao - Luoyang - Xian - Jiayuguan ...... Chengdu - Yangtze - Zhangjiajie - Yunnan - Guilin - Xiamen - Hangzhou - Shanghai
North American English Teachers’ China Trips to Visit Their Students off Internet
We customized three big group China trips for tens of VIPKid English teachers and their family members to visit Xian, Shanghai, etc. from Beijing and meet their students off Internet in China in 2019!
- VIPKid Teachers (USA/Canada)
- (9-21 Days) 2019
- Beijing - Xian - Shanghai - Suzhou –Shanghai - Hangzhou - Huangshan –Yichang - Yangtze River Cruise - Chongqing - Chengdu - Beijing
19 China Trips of Vijay’s People - Spreading around Family & Friends of Wonder’s Good Service
Vijay, his family and friends have enjoyed 19 trips to savore the nature, culture, history, etc. in many great places during 2014-2017 with the great suggestion and service from Wonder.
- Vijay (India)
- (3-10 Days) 2014-2017
- Destinations: Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, Guilin, Zhangjiajie, Hangzhou, Suzhou, Xinjiang, Harbin...