Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
I have written feedback about my trip with China Discovery, but when I submitted it they want me to put too many information about me to join TripAdvisor. Here is what I have written:
My wife and I took a 6
day trip private starting at the Wulingyuan National Park and ending at the
ancient town of Fenghuang. The tour was arranged by China Discovery. It was a
great trip: well arranged and managed, excellent local guide who is a native of
the area and spoke good English. We are glad to have Wonder Wang of China
Discovery managed our trip. We are already planning our next trip (to Guangxi)
with Wonder. We have used other China-based travel agencies arranged our
previous trips and this one is one of the best. I highly recommend China
Wonder, thank you for the excellent job!
I am very happy with your services and with the trip.
The experience in Guilin and Yangshuo was enjoyable, affordable, professional, and well organized. The guides and drivers were always prompt and friendly for pick-up and drop off at attractions. Guides imparted knowledge of attractions and history of sites. You are good value travel agency/tour operator.
I look forward to another trip to China perhaps within the year and will contact you for your services.
It was really nice of you to receive us at Chengdu airport on November 5th. We also very much enjoyed talking to you and having dinner with you at our hotel and thanks for the gift of Tea packages, which we would enjoy in USA.
We also want to commend you for meticulously planning our trip in and around Chengdu and to Guilin and Yangshuo. Everything worked out as we expected.
We particularly want to mention the superb services provided by your guides, May and Barry in Chengdu and Lydia in Guilin. Each one of the guide and driver were very accommodating and supportive of our wishes. We want to thank them too.
If we decide to return to China for another visit, we will definitely contact you for our trip planning and quote.
I was only trying to let people know that dealing with China Discovery was a reputable company to deal with. This company gave back 80% refund on our tour, we didn't have insurance, my wife got sick, and they looked after us. People out in travel land want to know who to trust. Paying for 1 day excurion or multi days, this shouldn't matter.
It was our first time that I used a Travel Company, we travel 4 months a year, and DIY ourselves. China is a very foreign land, language is a major problem, so this is why we chose China Discovery. We are not connected in anyway to them, but I am very glad that we chose this very reputable company. We think you should put our review back on their site, also add this one to their site.
I also want to point out that our rep. Tiger Wei has emailed us many times asking the condition of my wife, who is still ill and under Doctors care. Tiger is a very caring person, and good travel consultant. I would recommend him to our friends, and if we return to China we would definitely use him.
My apology for the delay to answer to your email. Our China trip was outstanding. Every city we visited had its own history and beauty.
Special thanks to you Isabel. Your service to us was excellent. You were on top of everything. The communication between us was smooth and quick. The trip was very well organized and we didn't have any unpleasant surprises. You delivered all what was proposed and indicated in the contract. The quality and location of the hotels were excellent.
Our ranking of the guides in each city is as follow:
1. In Guilin: Avan was the best. He is a knowledgeable guide. Looking after his client, caring and making sure that they visit and see everything. He even recommended to us a night cruise that wasn't part of our program, we enjoyed it very much. He explained to us before we attended the Li Sanjie Show the stories we were going to see. He came with us to the theatre to seat us and then came after the show to pick us up from where we were seating so we will not have difficulty to find him. He is the right person for the job. He likes what he is doing. We predict a good future for him. He gave us the feeling that we were with one of our sons.
2. In Beijing: Rebecca was also an excellent guide. Constantly she was explaining to us what we are seeing. We had great time with her. She made our stay in Beijing very enjoyable. She came with us to the Kung Fu show and China Opera House that she had recommended to us to see. She made sure we were seated and then came back after the show to pick us up. Then we had an amassing Peking Duck dinner with her. The Visit to the Hutong and the Rickshaw Tour was very nice, specially the Lunch at the local Family (two sisters) in the Hutong. Rebecca amazed us by her strong, polite personality. Stayed with us almost 3 hours at the train station waiting for the gate to be opened. She came down with us to the quay and made sure we were seated in our seats. We all enjoyed each others company very much.
3. In Xi’an: Wanlder
was professional guide, knows his business. He did what was expected of him,
with no extra effort, but didn't have the same warmness and social tact as the
first two. He came with us to Shaanxi Grand Opera House made sure we were
seated in our seats and made sure that they do not serve us any pork dumpling. By
the way it was excellent show and Dumpling dinner.
4. The cruise in Yangtze River was good. The staff and the service were excellent.
All the drivers were good, in particular those in Beijing, and Guillin who were excellent. China is amazing, for sure we will recommend our friends to visit it and to deal with China Discovery and ask for Isabel. Again thank you very much Isabel for your help and professionalism.
Tiger, a very good morning to you,
We all are back in Holland, where it is now very cold and wet.
Tiger our trip to China has been very nice and very interesting. You and your company has done a very good job. The whole programme, all the hotels and the drivers and guides were outstanding. Nothing to complain.
Whenever somebody will ask me where to book a trip to China, my answer will be Chinadiscovery.com.
Once again Tiger, thank you very much for your support and patience for and with us. At the moment I am very busy with my daily things which I am doing. But I promise that I will sent you some nice pics a.s.a.p.
Have a nice day.
Firstly, my wife and I were very happy with you as the organizer of our vacation in China. The manner in which you communicated with us and very promptly responded to our concerns, made our trip most enjoyable and relaxed. You have a beautiful and skillful communication style.
Regarding our tour guides, they all were excellent. They had different styles but without exception they performed their job very professionally and with a very friendly demeanor. In particular, my wife and I adored Candy. She not only conducted herself in the most professional manner, but also managed to make us feel that she was a very good friend who wanted to help us.
With respect to the drivers, we can state that they are excellent drivers and very friendly.
We plan to visit China again and we intend to make all arrangements through your company and with your assistance.
Thanks once again for your organization of our China experience.
Sorry for the late reply. Ya I was pretty tired after the trip. That is normal. For the feedback:
1) Your service is excellent from the start of the planning till the end of our trip. You were understanding, patience and helpful in answering to all my questions and wishes. Also some helpful tips on selecting our hotel. Very happy with the hotel comfort.
2) The local guides both for Xian and Luoyang were very professional, nice, flexible and knowledgeable. Their English were excellent. The van driver is pleasant with smiling face and helpful too. Overall the food was good too. At least I get to see green vegetables in almost every meal.
We will definitely engage you to plan for our next trip to Guilin China. By the way when is the best season to visit Guilin? How many days do I need to cover all the main attractions in Guilin and the neighboring areas like Longsheng and Yangshuo.
Thank you so much.
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing