Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
Wow!!! You really impressed my wife and the Prins's today when you called Vivian to ask about us. She was really surprised too. I really appreciated that.
Vivian is a very good tour guide. She speaks excellent English and knows a lot and is very nice. We are very pleased with the hotel and EVERYTHING.
Thanks for everything,
I am happy to answer your questions.
1. We are very satisfied with your help and assistance shown throughout the planning of our trip. You responded quickly whenever we had a question and did an excellent job adapting the tour to our desires (scheduling an extra day in Zhangjiajie). You were also very accessible for additional questions we had during our trip. The five tour guides you arranged at each location were very friendly, competent and knowledgeable.
2. Overall, my wife and I felt the tour was very well arranged and allowed us to see everything that we wanted to. The flight connections went smoothly and our guides always made sure we were at the airport (or train station) on time. My wife did not enjoy the tour of the Hutong section but I did very much so there will always be different opinions of the various activities. On a separate note, Anna, our guide in Zhangjiajie, was extremely patient with my wife when she became a little tired and crabby during our walk through the park one of the days. I really appreciated that!
3. The only negatives we had was the very long line waiting for the elevator in Zhangjiajie (about 1 1/2 hours) and the incredible crowds on the path to Avatar Mountain. I know there is probably no solution for that other than visiting during the off season. As you know, we decided against experiencing the glass walkway due to the crowds and I appreciate the refund of our money for that.
My wife and I both had a wonderful time seeing parts of your beautiful country and would highly recommend you and China Discovery to any of our friends that might decide to visit China in the future.
It is a month since we arrived to Shanghai. What an experience! Completely different world. The most memorable were Great world of China and Terracotta Worriers and Forbidden City. Our scheduled activities all were in time and completed. Our tour guides all were very good taking good care of us. One of the drivers in Beijing, got few times problem with car, but he made sure that replacement was available with no time loosing. The only hotel we did not like was in Suzhou. Problem with air conditioner and water. Nobody speaks English at all. In our understanding hotel was far-far lower in quality then in Shanghai (even only 0,5 point less). We will recommend our friends to use your agency and your expertise, Vivien. Sorry, I am not very good with computer, so ,cannot provide photos. I remember one of our guides made some photo of us. Maybe you can ask them. Thank you very much for making all run so smooth very day in China.
I hope you have enjoyed the May holiday. We have now returned safely to the UK after having had a wonderful holiday in China. It was a magical two weeks. All the arrangements worked very efficiently. The guides were extremely helpful; the hotels were beautiful with one exception. The UU was not of the same standard as the rest, but that was my responsibility as I identified that choice. The sights we saw were unforgettable. I would like to send you a more detailed evaluation by the end of the week and would be more than happy to recommend China Discovery. I just wanted you to know that we had the most amazing visit to your country and would like to thank you for all the work you put in to making it such a special experience.
I will try and send some photos but I took over 4,700 during the 16days so they will take a little time to sort through!
Elizabeth and Michael
Many thanks for your email.
The tour did indeed go well, and in all honesty we particularly liked that we were on a boat that was predominantly Chinese as opposed to having mainly westerners. I reckon there were about 300 Chinese, 30 Germans and 7 English speaking - which suited us well.
Overall we were very impressed with the food, which for dinner especially was better than we had expected.
However, the most important feedback from me was about your help to us late on the first night. We had been awake since 5am and travelling for most of the day on the train. Obviously there had been a language barrier misunderstanding about the extra bed/sofa bed - but we resolved it in the end with tour help. I think you often see best how good a travel agent/agency is not when things are going well but when there is a problem to solve. I was very relieved when you picked up your mobile phone that night and for all your assistance that followed. We cannot thank you enough.
We got back at the end of last week so apologies for the delay. Please find attached some photos, let me know if you can't open them and I can try to send again. Please see below answers to your questions.
Yes - Johnson was always very quick to reply back and was able to help with all of our questions. He was even able to help book flights for us when our original flights were cancelled.
They were friendly and keen to share their culture with us. The time we spend at each location was just right.
Absolutely. I would definitely recommend the Jiuzhaigou tour that we were a part of.
Very professional and helpful.
No, can’t fault the service we had.
If yes, could you please send us some of your photos by E-mail? Yes, no problems.
The following picture was shared by Brent.
Beautiful Landscape in Jiuzhaigou
Good Time in Huanglong National Park
Please find my answers below.
1. Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions?
2. How’s the service of the tour guides during your whole tour?
It was very good. Zínia is a great tour guide. She provided lots of information. Helped me with all aspects of the tour, including food, languages, and how to avoid being in line. I would definitely recommend her.
Tony was also a good guide.
3. Would you like to recommend our company?
The price was high, but the company provided all I need. I would recommend it.
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing