Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
I just wanted to leave some feedback on my recent trip to Guilin and Xi’an:
- TOUR GUIDES: Smiley in Guilin was outstanding. I can’t imagine anyone exceeding the expertise she provided. She was fun and informative and the highlight of my visit. Johnny in Xi’an was also very good and extremely informative when visiting the TERRACOTTA WARRIORS and the HISTORY MUSEUM. Both tour guides were on time each day and always cordial and upbeat.
- DRIVERS: professional and safety conscious. I always felt safe whether in city traffic or on country roads.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: I thought the best hotel was the LONGSHENG INYUE HOTEL. For me it was the perfect hotel for the Pingan area. Rustic and comfortable with great service. Unfortunately the hotel I thought was inferior was the GUILIN PARK HOTEL. Although the service was excellent I found the condition of the rooms poor. Since I stayed in 3 different rooms during my stay I experienced the same room conditions each time. Broken, crooked and ripped lampshades, dirty carpeting and refrigerators that either didn’t work or were locked and unavailable. The temperature in the rooms was impossible to control and for two nights I had to open the windows in order to cool down the temperature in order to sleep. The rooms need major renovations.
- TOURS: Outstanding. I am very pleased with the sites I visited. I would recommend one change, however. In Xi’an I would have rather visited the TERRACOTTA WARRIORS exhibition before I visited the factory. I would have made a more educated purchase at the factory had I seen the exhibition beforehand.
Thank you again for putting my itinerary together and for always keeping me informed. Perhaps we will have the opportunity to work together in the future.
We where very happy on the century emerald. The stuff was very helpful and friendly. The land tours where perfectly organized and interesting. Only the visit in the 3 gorges project was insufficient. Bad weather ( not yours) and missing the most interesting point ( the technik and the view from the low point of the wall.) We would however recommend the tour with you to our friends.
The trip went well and I had very nice guides who taught me a lot about the gardens and sights in Suzhou and Hangzhou. I very much enjoyed my time with them and seeing great places!
I would have one little tip for your organisation to improve the train trips. On the tickets one cannot find information about the arrival times and exact itineraries. It would be kind of you to provide precise information what the exact final destination is and when the train arrives there.
For the rest, I think that you also did a good job with organising everything. Thank you very much for preparing a great experience for me.
Once again - sorry for the delay. Flu - thank you for asking - it was serious - had terrible 10 days - but now we are OK.
Just to let you know that we have posted our comments
It was an incredible and unforgettable winter Beijing-Luoyang-Xian-Harbin trip (December, 23, 2017-January, 02, 2018). We not only had an excellent overview of the Chinese history while visiting the most famous astonishing sites (Beijing’s Forbidden City and Summer Palace, Shaolin Temple and Longmen Grottoes in Luoyang, Terracotta Warriors and Horses and Ancient City Wall in Xian) but could immerse ourselves in a magical winter world at the unique International Snow Sculpture Festival and Ice World in Harbin on the Eve of the New Year! The extraordinary ice and snow masterpieces were incredibly beautiful – a real wonderland!
The Siberian Tiger Park in Harbin - the largest park for wild Siberian tigers in the world – is a must to visit. The city itself is fascinating – with streets and buildings of the most influential Russian and European architectural style.
Special thanks - to our tour operator Ms Wing Zeng at China Discovery, based in Chengdu, who organised our private tour and kept checking on us while we were on a route. Our initial research provided us with a level of confidence in your organisation’s ability to deliver an incredible experience.
All our requests were addressed promptly with very warm attitude. All documentation was timely, informative and comprehensive. Everything was organised extremely well, went very smoothly and exceeded our expectations.
Our tour guides were exceptional. Their knowledge and attention to detail were fantastic. They were very passionate about their country and really made our trip to remember.
We were very well informed by our guides on the Chinese cuisine and enjoyed high quality food in local cafes and restaurants.
Once again we would like to express our gratitude to the whole team: our tour guides – Kevin (in Beijing), Jenny (in Luoyang), Johnny (in Xian), Celina (in Harbin) and Candy (in Beijing) - and all our skilled well-experienced drivers for arranging such a wonderful trip to China. We felt very well cared for by all of the staff.
The tour was really very interesting and unforgettable! We wish we could stay longer.
We highly recommend China Discovery, based in Chengdu, for anyone planning a trip to China.
Photos. Please find some photos attached (in 3 letters). Hope you can select interesting for your website.
Suggestions. May be it'll be a good idea to provide your tourists (upon arrival) with some promotional information (leaflets, booklets or just printed sheets) on optional activities if they have time after /before sightseeing. Usually you can find this type of information at your hotel, but unfortunately the hotels (3*-4*) we were accommodated in did not have anything. We personally did not have any problems because we "had done our homework" and had all necessary for us information but for some people it'll help. E.g. in Beijing we ourselves visited NCPA and attended a concert there, visited the Beijing Zoo and Oceanarium. In Xian we visited the Gao's Grand Courtyard or Mansion museum in the Muslim Quarter.
Thank you once again and have a good day.
Elmira and Nick
The following pictures were shared by Elmira and Nick.
Summer Palace is a beautiful garden
We visited Harbin during Harbin Ice and Snow Festival
Ancient City Wall in Xian
Apologies for missing your earlier email. We got home a few days ago after spending some time in Sri Lanka after Nepal.
The tour was absolutely wonderful. Our guide - Ghana - was brilliant. He was very informative and very helpful. We actually got engaged while trekking the Dhampus Trek and Ghana helped Joel plan the proposal. It was very sweet and we are very happy :)
Happy for you to put this one the website: Thank you so much Tibet Discovery Tours for arranging such an unforgettable week for us in Nepal. Wendy was very accommodating and flexible with organising our holiday after our plans changed a few times. Our guide on the ground, Ghana, was also brilliant- informative, funny and very helpful. We got engaged while hiking the Dhampus Trek, so Nepal and this trip will always hold a special place in our hearts. Thank you!
Answers to your questions:
1. Was your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions?
Absolutely - Wendy was very patient with us as we went back and forth a few times to arrange our perfect trip. Nothing was too much of an ask.
2. How was your tour? Are you satisfied with the tour we arranged for you?
Absolutely. Our driver suggested a few additional things to do (zip lining in Pokhara and a sunrise tour in Pokhara) which we did, because we are very active, however adding these into the itinerary may have made the week too busy for most people.
3. Do you have any suggestions on improving our services?
Nothing I can think of. We are very satisfied!
Thanks again for all your help Wendy. We really had a wonderful time :)
Elvaluation is there:
Q1. Correspondence was prompt and questions quickly and satisfactorily answered.
Q2. Tour arrangements were smooth and well taken care off, in spite of flight delay.
It was a very good experience for us to be able to stay in a “ Tulou” - a good plan ; and also eat breakfast and a lunch in one. ( unfortunately missed the dinner!)
Sophie, our guide was efficient, friendly and knowledgeable.
Q3. Yes, happy to use this agency again and recommend to others as well.
Q4. General opinion: Very professional. Efficient way of handling the remittance of payments to you.
Q5. Suggestions: A more detailed map of the area we are visiting will be helpful.
Q6. You can use my comments for your marketing.
Q7. Yes- potential clients can contact me by email, ( valid for next 6 months) and only after you have given me advanced notice on who is enquiring ( to reduce risk of spam mail)
Lyn, a personal thank you for your assistance for this trip!
It was very enjoyable and fulfilled our aim.
The following pictures were shared by Jee.
Featured Architecture of Tulou
The local woman was airing vegetables
Thank you so much for your kindness
We were extremely enjoying our trip, particularly the Panda Tour. Thankyou for every help you gave to us; friendly and knowledgeable tour guide, useful information related to the tour, manageable tour, comfortable panda base, etc. Thankyou so much for everything! Hope to see you in person.
Here are some our footages
The following pictures were shared by Diana.
Our Panda Volunteer Experience
I would be happy to provide my evaluation and have attached a few photos which you may put on your website.
1. The tour arrangements were great. My daughter made all the arrangements with you and any changes we requested were made very accommodatingly. The guides we had were very knowledgeable and easy to be with - they made the tours so. Unchanged fun. They willingly answered all of our questions in a friendly and courteous manner. (We especially liked Jenny. She went out of her way to make sure we had a fabulous day and even made sure we got on the correct train to go home after a long day. I can't say enough good things about her.) Even though we had little to do with the chauffeurs they were both excellent drivers and got us to our destinations safely. Both lunch's we had were excellent. We are VERY pleased with our experiences with your company and would gladly recommend your service.
2. I have no suggestions to improve your service. We were VERY pleased with your company.
3. In the event we came back to China we would definitely use your company again.
Thank you Wing for arranging amazing tours for us.
The following pictures were shared by Shari.
Yellow River Scenic Area offered us a close sight of Yellow River
We paid a visit to Shaolin Temple
The Grottoes are magnificent
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing