Still deciding if a China Discovery is for you? Many of our travellers have experienced a lifetime changing trip and now more than happy to share their stories with you. Check out their memorable travel trip reviews and experiences in China.
I'd be glad to help.
1. Yes. Great support in English during booking process.
2. Everything was very smooth and well organized.
4. This is a perfect opportunity for a traveler to China to relax for a few days. The ship is very luxurious, the program interesting, the food delicious, the atmosphere great.
5. Including dinner/snacks on first evening, and lunch/snacks on last day.
6. Feel free.
Thank you for everything!!
The Cruise Which Meryim Took
Meriyim' Great Experience in Yangtze River Cruise'
Thank you Lyn,
We enjoyed our tour very much! I will do my best to send you some photos soon.
Since we live in Nanjing, we will travel in China frequently. In fact, we plan to visit Beijing and Xi'an in July and probably a few other places in August. Would you be able to help with those trips, or do you only plan trips in Sichuan?
I wasn’t able to send a reply earlier. My apologies.
Overall, we were satisfied with the cruise. The Century Paragon was well-equipped and clean and our Executive Suite was spacious. We are happy that we selected that and that we also had a separate dining room on the top floor as well as a lounge where we could enjoy coffee or tea throughout the day, especially because food was only available at meal times on this cruise.
The weather wasn’t bad on the last day, was very nice on the second day, but poor on the first day. We didn’t realize that it is normal for it to be very foggy along that route (as was explained by the crew) and therefore, the views would not be very good. Unfortunately the fog was so bad one night that no boats were allowed to sail overnight at all. Because we were delayed until 5 AM, the itinerary had to be changed and we were unable to see the second gorge. There is not much that can be done about that.
One suggestion, however — before disembarking and preferably in the advertising of the excursions, you should warn people with disabilities or older age about the level of difficulty. I personally had a knee injury and was not able to visit The Red Pagoda because of the number of steps. I might have made it had I brought my cane but I didn’t know that it would be so difficult. There were people more elderly, too, that couldn’t visit it. We had no choice but to walk back to the ship. This happened again when visiting The White Emperor’s City. From the ship to the top of the mountain was over 500 steps. I made it up and so did an older couple, but it was very difficult and had we known, we might not have gone along. Please tell your customers in your advertising and certainly before disembarking about the level of accessibility and difficulty of the shore excursion.
Another point we would like to make — the final day. It was a bit of a let-down having left the ship to visit the Three Gorges Dam Project, only to be brought back to a bus terminal and simply left there. Had we not pre-arranged for transportation to the airport we would have been left feeling quite stranded. As it was, many of us did not fly out until that evening leaving a 7-hour wait at the airport with little to do there. (It didn’t help the the flight didn’t actually leave until midnight, meaning we had been there for 11 hours.)
What we thought might have been nice is if there had been an optional lunch arranged for us somewhere in Yichang where we could relax, socialize before we said our goodbyes, and fill in some time. Also, our tour guide simply got off the bus, probably to pick up another tour, and we didn’t know this. We would have given her a gratuity had we known she wasn’t going to be with us until the end of the bus ride.
We hope you appreciate receiving this feedback. Thank you for your good organization. We had a memorable trip.
We had a great time on the River Cruise! Thank you for your help.
Please find attached the evaluation form along with a few photos from our trip which I am happy for you to use.
Just out of interest I noticed on our itinerary that when we were at Disney it stated that lunch was included on both days but as we were there by ourselves we didn't get lunch. Were we charged for lunch on those days?
1. Is your travel consultant of our company fast enough to answer your E-mail and patient enough to answer your questions? Tracy Tan was very efficient and fast in responding to my emails.
2. How do you comment your tour arrangements? The arrangements were very good.
3. Are you willing to recommend our service to your people who also have an interest to visit China? Yes
4. Your general opinion on us? Very helpful, good service provided.
5. Do you have any suggestions on improving our services? One of the guides who showed us around didn’t have very good English so it was difficult to understand what he was saying. Is their English ability tested?
6. Can we use your comments of our service, the photos or other images that you took on the tour for our websites, brochures, marketing and publicity? If yes, could you please send us some of your photos by E-mail? Yes
7. We sometimes have requests from potential customers who would like to inquire from or our ex-customers.
May they contact you for advices? _Yes______
Terraccotta Warriors in Xian
Cute Giant Pandas in Chengdu
Had a great time in Kunming. The itinerary was great to see some of the sights in a short period of time. Definitely need to come back and visit a few more places.
Firstly, thank you for all the arrangements - we really enjoyed the vacation!
Secondly, thank you for refund. Next week, I will let you know how to get it.
Have a great evening.
Just want to thank you for arranging a totally wonderful tour of China. We had an amazing time, and all the guides were brilliant, taking good care of us. Everything was perfect from begging to end. Shame our tour had to end. If we come back to China we will definitely use China Discovery again. Thank you.
Following are our most popular vacation packages which take you to visit featured destinations, experience authentic Chinese culture at lowest price. You can also contact our travel specialists to DIY a unique tour package for you.
Beijing / Xian / Shanghai
Beijing / Xian / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chongqing / Yangtze Cruise / Yichang / Shanghai
Shanghai / Guilin / Yangshuo / Guilin / Chengdu / Lhasa / Xian / Beijing